• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M1: Just a Treasure Hunt?? (Bront Judging)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: I'm going on vacation to Vancouver from the 7th-13th, so don't expect much from me then. I'll update more then.

Looking to his shifter companion, the Wizard shrugs and responds, 'Use it whenever you like. Consider it a gift and a thanks for your might in battle and loyalty in friendship.'

Making a small bow to the scout, Genithar then gathers up what books he can and leads the party back the way they came, making sure to leave nothing of importance behind.

stonegod

Gregory claps everyone on the back and supervises the loading of the still locked chest. Its going to get dark before we get back to Stormreach. Best make what time we can.

The effort is slow glowing, especially given the shifter's wounds, and it is dusk before the group has even reached the large river system the crossed midway. The enigmatic lizard pops up once or twice to help avoid obstacles, but otherwise it is unseen until sunset.

Clearing. Sssoftskins lessss likely to die assss quickly there. The lizard is as good as its "word": The clearing is really a small area where previous fire felled several jungle giants, providing cover on two sides. The other sides look directly into the jungle, so some care should still be taken if watches are in order.

OOC: Actions/watch prep? Thral'k can take a single watch during the night.

Noting Terran's casting of healing spells upon Shade', the Wizard's face puckers with a sour look for but a moment before Genithar turns his attentions to divesting himself of gear and new found loot.

Making his chosen sleeping place as comfortable as possible, the robed elf announces, 'I must rest now, for some time, then restudy my spells in the morning. I may be able to help with a watch once the sun has risen again, but until then, I must rest.'

Obviously seeming exhausted from days of traveling through the Jungle coupled with the difficult battles at the Giant ruins, Genithar gratefully sinks down into his bed roll and makes himself comfortable.

LogicsFate

First Post
Shadé pokes at her closed wounds. Thankyou

Glancing at Genithar. I will watch now. Sleep well.

Shadé will set her stuff down and eat, and prowl around for a while.

stonegod

Terran tends to everyone's wounds as the party prepares for rest. Invigorated, the group rests for an uneventful night, the sounds of the jungle a distant comfort.[sblock=Genithar]Genithar thinks he heard something moving away from the camp in the morning, and trying to be stealthy about it. Probably not an animal.[/sblock]

Gregory looks anxious to get out of the jungle. His mood is not lightened by the lizard's voice coming from the canopy: Drow watcherssss in the night. Be wary.

Ogre's spit. Come on; I want to get this thing open before sunset... and I am sure you want your rewards.

With the burly shifter carrying the chest with Corran's assistance, the lizard provides most of the guide duties, if "guiding" by hisses from an unseen scout counts. The gaps between the "guidance" occasionally leaves doubts whether Thral'k is still around sometimes.

About midday, the group comes upon a stream that looks like many others, except this one has a drow poised on the other side, as if waiting. He wears strange, chitinous armor with markings only known to his dark kind. Sniffing the air, it addresses the group in halting common.

No farther. You take what ours. Give back or dies.

OOC: Reactions?

Redclaw

First Post
Corran snaps to attention at the drow's words. He quickly scans the area, but realizes that these are turly gifted hunters. He wouldn't spot them until he stumbled over one of them, or until they wanted him to see them. giving up on locating threats, he steps forward, hands open, empty and palms up in front of him. There is a misunderstanding. We have hunted nothing made by your people. Please, tell us what it is that you think we have, and I'm sure we can solve this. None profit when hunters fight, he says to the dark elf in a calm voice. He makes sure to maintain eye contact and not back down inthe slightest, but to show no sign of aggression.

[sblock=spells]prepared (Save DC 3 + spell level; 4/3+1):
0 - Detect Magic,Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic;
1st - Calm Animals(D), Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Bless

Spell-Like/Psi-like Abilities:
Locate Object 1/day (caster level 1)
Speak with Animals 1/day[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
Shadé looks bettween the elves and unceremoniously drops her end of the chest. Growling softly she'll ready for an attack without yet drawing her weapon.

As the group of heroes comes to a halt, Genithar's eyebrow quirks in interest as he mentions to his companions in a low voice, 'They may have been tracking us since we broke camp, be wary of an ambush.'

Still, the Wizard seems quite impressed with Corran taking the lead in the negotiations and is content to hang back, letting the young human make his case.

Holding his own long bow at the ready, Genithar mentally reviews the spells he's prepared for this day, ready for anything.

[sblock=spells]
0th - Read Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Flare
1st - Cause Fear, Shield, Charm Person
[/sblock]

Remove ads