• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mac Users Identify Yourselves!

Mirth

Explorer
Thanks for all of the responses, people!

I really think we need to band together as a sub-group here at ENWorld (although I'm not sure what we would actually do exactly :D). Anyone interested? Maybe make a graphic to put in our sigs of the Mac Smiley with a sword or something else really small?

Jay

edit: I moved the roll call to the first post, so people could more easily find it.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Hardcore Mac-user right here. In a couple weeks I will have a 2x2.0GHz G5 / 2x250GB SATA drives in a RAID 0 / 1.5GB PC2700 RAM / Radeon 9800 128MB / Combo Drive with a Dell 20.1LCD, an HP G85 Multifunction Printer/Fax/Copier/Scanner, Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers (Optical Connection), and a FormacTVR DV TV Tuner. Drooooooollllllllll.....can't wait.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Hardcore Mac-user right here. In a couple weeks I will have a 2x2.0GHz G5 / 2x250GB SATA drives in a RAID 0 / 1.5GB PC2700 RAM / Radeon 9800 128MB / Combo Drive with a Dell 20.1LCD, an HP G85 Multifunction Printer/Fax/Copier/Scanner, Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers (Optical Connection), and a FormacTVR DV TV Tuner. Drooooooollllllllll.....can't wait.

I hate you. But only because I'm insanely jealous.

Mirth

Explorer
DM_Matt said:

DANG! :eek: Welcome aboard DM_Matt. Your MacFu is very strong.

Mirth

Explorer
Dimwhit said:
Mithcard,

I'll all for it! Sign me up in the ENWorld Mac group.

Cool!

Any help brainstorming what we could actually accomplish with the group would be greatly appreciated :D

Jay

Galastro

First Post
mirthcard said:
Cool!

Any help brainstorming what we could actually accomplish with the group would be greatly appreciated :D

Jay

A good start would be to decide if we gonna use this thread for Mac-computers or RPG-related stuff. Maybe both?

We all uses Mac and we all are interested in RPG. Thats for sure.

For instance:
I think it would be great to get some input where you can find Mac-RPG stuff, such as CrystalBall.

Maybe we all should write a presentation what kind of RPG games/genre we play?

What do you think of that?

//Galastro

scholz

First Post
One more Mac-User in the mix.
I first used Macs for RPGing when I would use MacPaint on my Mac Plus to draw creatures rolled up on the Random Creature from the Lower Planes tables in the back of the DMG 1st Ed. (1986)
I used a Thunder Scanner (a scanner plugged into the clunky but damn durable image writer, probably named for the sound it made) to scan in my world map. Used Super Paint to update it, then Canvas now Illustrator.

I currently use a TiBook 15" OSX 10.2.6. I use mostly Adobe Acrobat to modify character sheets to suit me. Developed various excel tools to keep track of XPs but am playing now more than DMing.

BTW: The Durham Apple Store is a dangerous place. Too much fun stuff to try and buy.

Aeolius

Adventurer
When I was in my senior year at Greensboro Day School, the year was 1984 and the computer lab was filled with Apple IIe computers. The professor gave us a list of six projects to program in BASIC. I presented him with a seventh. I wrote a program that created two armies of 200,000 each, which then battled to the death using 1e AD&D rules. Later that year, when I was in college in Florida, I had way too much to drink and rewrote W.A.R., tricking AppleSoft BASIC into using quadruple subscripts. The next morning I awoke with a hangover, streamlined program code, and no idea how I did it.

oh...I got an "A-" on the project ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads