• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage: The Awakening PbP - Preludes

Tokiwong

First Post
If Winnie had a shadow name, she probably stopped using it long ago... of course; it could be said that her real name may not even be her "real" name. She usually just went by Winnie in her later years.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"We're just a little on edge. We...had some funny things happen today," Thessaly assures Morrigan. "Ghosts and phone calls and...oh!" She looks at Daniel. "Who was it? Anything important?"

Lichtenhart

First Post
"I'm still not sure it was her ghost. Well I hope not, and that she is in a better place. It was Starbuck, Tess, urging us to go. Morrigan, would you mind coming with us to the Observatory, just outside town? We're expected there.
On the way, I'd like to know if your master told you what you're supposed to protect Thessaly from.
Tess, Starbuck is a little eager to get you introduced to the Consilium. Probably because she hopes you're going to join the Free Council. I wouldn't be suprised if she tried to convince you of it, and I am telling you because I don't want you to be, either."

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly grins and pushes her glasses up her nose a bit shyly. "You make it sound like everyone's going to be fighting over me. Which would be a change of pace, I admit. Okay! Lets go. I'll finish closing up afterwards. We don't want to keep 'Starbuck' waiting."

She snags the store keys off the little nail in the counter and twirls them jauntily. "Do you want to come, Morrigan? I like your name, by the way. Mythological."

Aenion

First Post
"Thanks, Thessaly," her smile broadens slightly but the twitching of her mouth shows she's not used to smiling often, "Yours is quite interesting as well, it's Greek, isn't it?" she asks.

"Of course, I'd love to." Starbuck? Free Council... Figures, if it was in her nature she'd roll her eyes at the name, instead she just shrugs apologetically, "Krishna wasn't very specific I'm afraid, but life as a young mage is never easy. You mentioned something about a ghost? I believe I saw her, an elderly woman am I correct?"

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Assuming the mages decide to head out there… and I am not sue but I think either Thessaly or Morrigan have a vehicle, so assuming that…

The mages head up to the Observatory. It is situated outside of town about fifteen minutes drive, between James Cove and a gated community called Sutterton Farms another thirty or so minutes along the road. The Observatory is up on a hill and surrounded by trees, and a lonely road that is well kept. One vehicle is in the parking lot, a late model red Honda Civic with a bumper sticker that reads, ‘Cylon onboard’.

With the distance from the town, the sky here is lit up with stars. The Observatory is typical in construction. Although the feeling of exploration and wonder that permeates the area, the telltale signs of a Hallow, are not typical. The young mages can feel the energy moving in waves, even though their mage sight has long subsided.

Starbuck is outside smoking a cigarette, she breaks into a grin when the mages arrive. She is not much taller then Daniel, and is of a thick womanly build. Her blonde hair is worn short around her pale face and she has on jeans with a red shirt. Starbuck speaks, “Daniel glad you could make it, you had me worried. Thessaly, welcome girl! And who is this new person, is she cool?”

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
I'd say Thessaly probably inherited a van along with the bookstore.

"Starbuck, this is Morrigan. She's gonna stay with us for a while, and she..."
Daniel looks at Morrigan as if evaluating her "She's cool as a ninja."

"So, what kind of trouble are you gonna throw us into?" he says jokingly.

Tokiwong

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
"So, what kind of trouble are you gonna throw us into?" he says jokingly.
Starbuck finishes the cigarette, she looks at Morrigan, and then offers her hand, “Call me Starbuck,” she opens the doors to the Observatory, “if Daniel says you are cool, then you are cool. Guys come inside, I am going to forego all that official crap, just don’t make a mess and try to behave yourself in here.”

Once inside Starbuck sighs, “Just me here tonight, working and surfing. Thanks again for coming Daniel, and really I appreciate it. I kind of wanted to keep this quiet from the boys but Asimov has been missing for the past two days, he and I got into an argument,” she pauses hesitantly, “and I have not talked to him since, he was acting a little weird.”

Daniel has met Asimov, the mage is normally mild mannered, very quiet and sedate. Hard to even imagine him being angry, he rarely speaks and is very introverted. He spends much of his time reading, and whenever Daniel has seen him he has a book in his hand.

“I don’t want to alarm the boys, so I was wondering if you could go out to his place and see if he is okay, I am stuck here pulling the all-nighter. I mean if you can’t, no big deal, I am sure he is fine, just wanted to make sure. He isn’t answering his phone, so I don’t know what is going on. Probably just in the middle of a reading marathon or something,” she laughs uneasily.

She changes the subject, “Thessaly I hear your skills have improved a lot; you have some serious control over your techne. Your grandmother would be proud, she sort of gave up on the Orders in her later years I guess, or so she told me, a shame though I always felt she would have been at home in the Free Council. She was all about liberating people, instead of fostering the lie, she was about setting people free of their bondage.”

Starbuck shrugs, “Frakk me, I didn’t mean to get all revolutionary on you.”

The lobby where the mages are currently standing and chatting is spacious. There is a poster board with a listing of events, University postings and other materials. There are several pictures of space, planets, and other celestial objects. On the floor worked into the tiling is what looks to be an Atlantean rune, but the symbol’s meaning eludes the mages.

Aenion

First Post
Morrigan asked Thessaly to drive by her motel so she could pick up a couple of things, not specifying what unless asked. She comes back outside wearing a kneelong jacket, her pistol hidden in its holster underneath.

She lights a cigarette of her own as soon as she exits the van, she lets Daniel introduce her, but raises an eyebrow ever so slightly at the slang they're using, Cool? Ninja? Oh bother... Next they'll be telling me to 'Relax man', she collects her thoughts with a puff of smoke from her cigarette before replying in her strangely detached manner, "Nice to meet you miss."

She puts out her cigarette before following the others inside, she listens to her explain her problem and then to her spouting her retoric, this time actually rolling her eyes at the mention of 'Techne', Bloody hippy.

"What was your argument about?" she asks while she studies the rune on the floor, her voice quiet but clear, returning the conversation back to important matters. She sounds at least moderately interested and replies to Daniel's look with a slight nod.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
"I see. I think too that it is unlike Asimov. You two arguing seems unlike him too. Was it serious?"

He looks questionigly at Tess and Morrigan, gauging their reactions to Starbuck's request.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads