Magic Item Compendium

Alexander123

First Post
I recently got my MIC in the mail and I wanted to start a thread dealing with optimized equipment for a number of classes.

I had in mind equipment for the druid, cleric, wizard and artificer.

I know that there are many gamers who are much more experienced than I at this, do any of you have suggestions for optimized equipment? (This is at any level by the way.)

Noctos

First Post
sorry it's been a minute since i played so i have a few questions
what is MIC?
what do you mean optimized? as in enchanted or just putting to gether a perfect combination of gear.

Alexander123

First Post
sorry it's been a minute since i played so i have a few questions
what is MIC?
what do you mean optimized? as in enchanted or just putting to gether a perfect combination of gear.

MIC=Magic Item Compendium

Not every magic item is optimized.

Optimization, min/maxing, powergaming are all synonyms.

Fallenibilis

First Post
The Belt of Healing and Belt of Battle both are good for every type of character.
Also the Item combinding rules near the back are very usefull.

Noctos

First Post
i still not sure i fallow you on the optimization. i had players but 3 or 4 abilities on an item and then put 6 of those items together like in a suit of armor and be come a wrecking machine.
not sure if this is what you mean.

Kazgorr

First Post
Quite sure he's asking for a list of "Best in slot" items for the different classes, sort of like a check-list for what items to get.

I think it's hard to optimize though, since it all would depend on your role in the group, your playstyle, feats and the list goes on. Assuming anyone reading this list would also follow some sort of guide for optimal builds I guess it's doable though.

thompsja

First Post
Well, for the Artificer, I suggest you look at the Psychomatic Skin: Armor (not sure if I've got that right), and use that with the Artificer spell that changes the type of bonus, so that it's deflection. Then you wear the skin and your normal armor, and they combine.

krupintupple

First Post
Armband of Elusive action and Anklet of Translocation are both very nifty.

The first allows you, as an immediate action, to ignore provoking an AoO, and the second, as a swift I believe, to warp 10, 20 or 30 feet from your location, using the 'charge' system that has been added to the MIC. Even at level 8, players are finding these, in addition to the godly Healing Belts, to really be items that they're using daily.

In order to cut down on goofyness though, as a DM I ruled that you had to wear one of these items for at least 24 hours before it would "attune" and then work for you. Otherwise, people might start buying like a dozen Healing Belts and then just swap em out after every encounter.

Runestar

First Post
Some items are nice, but they don't quite seem like "must haves" to me, especially those with charges, which seem a tad limiting.

The ironic thing is that MIC seems more of a boon for npcs, because it solves one of their biggest problems - lack of cheap, effective gear. Limited charges is moot when you are going to spam them in their first few rounds of combat. :angel:

For example, in the past, a lower lv npc human barb would likely have just +1 armour/weapons, and a potion or 2. Now, they can come with amulet of tears, cloak of predatory vigor, weapon crystals, belt of one might blow and boots of battle charger. This adds many more options to your encounter! :lol:

Remove ads