• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic of Incarnum... hmm...

shilsen

Adventurer
Rasyr said:
Obscure - you are right that "unborn souls" most likely refers to the souls of sentient beings that have yet to experience incarnation upon the physical plane.

However, the term was not "coined" by Bruce Cordell. I have seen this term used in fiction in a number of different places (fiction/fantasy stories/novels) over the years, and it always means the same thing.

True. The concept has also been part of many mythological and literary traditions spanning centuries and millennia. For a particularly evocative treatment of the concept, one can check the Garden of Adonis in Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene.

the Lorax

First Post
Arashi Ravenblade said:
I had this idea two years ago but lacked the resources to make my own and publish it.
Its definatly on my list of buys (now all i need is money).
I really dont understand the problem with new feats and prestige classes, sure they can get goofy or useless "CoughJordainVizierCough" but really all i want in a source book is a history of the topic being discussed (in this case souls) and then i want rules systems, im more of a 40% Historty/Fluff, 60% Crunch. Unless its the Forgotten Realms then i want that Percentage reveresed.

I've been working up to something much of the same, and recently asked for help on it here:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=138566

Especially since running the Bastion of Broken Souls (my expanded version anyway) I've been looking at something like that.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*wonders if Bruce will ever do another module, especially after all this crap on this product...*

Last edited:

Mokona

First Post
I don't know what we're going to get but I will get a lot of use out of it if it can replace Arcane/Divine magic entirely. Here's hoping. :D

Obscure

First Post
JustKim said:
*wonders what Nightfall hopes to accomplish making people feel guilty for criticism they have every right to*

You don't have the right to criticize a book if you haven't read it....

ken-ichi

First Post
I would like a magic system that is completely different from the current system, but will still be balanced when used with the XPH, or else just so friggen cool that I can just ditch the XPH as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads