Magic Vestment

Chinor

First Post
Does anyone know how Magic Vestment works? If you have a Shield +1, and as a 9th level Cleric, casting Magic Vestment upon the shield, does the shield become a +3 or a +4 for the duration of the spell?

Darkness8Me

First Post
Magic vestment provides an enhancement bonus and the +1 bonus from the shield is also an enhancement bonus. Bonuses of the same type do not stack (with a few exceptions, like dodge). In your example, the shield would become a +3 shield, ignoring the shield's normal bonus of +1.

reapersaurus

First Post
Just seconding Darkness' posts.

And Chinor- a slightly more interesting question would be "What's the bonus if the cleric is 10th level?" ;)

reapersaurus

First Post
well, then we'd probably get a few people who differ how they treat those levels and the bonuses for it.
(i.e. get bonus at 3,6,9,12, or get bonus at 1,4,7,10)

Madfox

First Post
Well, the spell maxes out at 15th lvl. Which suggest fractions are rounded down. So it would be an increase at 6, 9, 12 and 15.

dcollins

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
...or get bonus at 1,4,7,10...

That progression would imply that +5 is reached at 13th level (if I'm reading you right), which contradicts the spell's description of "maximum +5 at 15th level".

The language "+1 per three caster levels" is quite clear. The other progression is denoted by the words "for every X levels of experience past 1st, you gain an additional Y", as given for magic missile.

Remove ads