• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maissen: Shades of Grey [UPDATE 12/12, post 199]

Greylock

First Post
Hey, Brellin. I won't pretend to speak for BK, so this is not gospel, but he does tend to post his updates early on Monday mornings. Not sure why he missed this week, but it happens. I promise you, I will browbeat him and stare him into submission when I see him next. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the tales.

Greylock

First Post
Little update to my last posting:

I didn't think of this before, and should have. BealeKnight has a limited amount of writing time, and he usually divvies it up between a new setting he is writing and the campaign covered here. We absorbed four new players into his own campaign this week, however, and with BK in charge that means a mammoth amount of writing to work in the new characters. He spends an enormous amount of time with new players, in background and in getting them to the action. He never just plops a new char in. That took away his weekend of prepping the Story Hour.

The Maissen campaign is going to slow down in our play time considerably, because our DM moved and the game is moving to PbP. But no worries. The Story Hour is less than a third of a way into the actual sessions, and there is plenty of support among us for BK to continue the story. That should keep it going for quite a long time. There is plenty of adventure left to tell.

Keep looking for updates, Brellin. A bunch of us are going to continue leaning on BK to keep up the story, and I know he's gonna keep at it. :) And maybe, someday, we'll get a second tale out of him as well. :p

Greylock

First Post
brellin said:
i¨am sorry to be a pain from now on i give a bit more time between posts

Oh heck, don't sweat it. I think BealeKnight is thrilled to see you posting. I know I am. :)

Sorry there wasn't an update this morning as I suggested there may be. Turns out BK is working out a couple of kinks. He'll be back. :D

Glad you're enjoying this, keep posting as much as you like. :p

Greylock

First Post
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
Beale Knight:
As in Beale Air Force Base, in Yuba County, California?

I am thoroughly safe in speaking for BK on this. I know he was never in the service. And his handle refers to the street he used to work on, world renowned Beale Street in Memphis, TN, and the shift he works. ;)

Greylock said:
I am thoroughly safe in speaking for BK on this.
Thanks. I live in an obscure, rural region of Northern California, known for Marysville, destination of the Donner party and key to the economy of the gold rush, 150 years ago; and slightly less famous for being near Beale Air Force Base, home to the SR-71 Blackbird and PAVE PAWS, a super-duper radar array that made us a top-ten Nuke target during the cold war.

What's actually pretty cool about Beale is that it's named for its first mission: It served as the home of Edward F. Beale's Camel Cavalry. What sucks about the whole region is the relative dearth of roleplayers who are actually good company.

Oh well. Life is good when you've got EN World

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads