• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Major Arcana: Return of the Corinthian Horror

Krishnath

First Post
I was asked to update the Corinthian to 3.5, so I did. It is based on the Corinthian character from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics. Which is something every fantasy roleplayer should read. This is a fan conversion and in no way meant to infringe on Mr. Gaiman's intellectual property. I hope you all enjoy this creature as much as I have enjoyed making it and use it to bewilder your players. And if Mr. Gaiman should read this, I love your writing man, you are, as another man put it, our times equivalent of Shakespeare. :D

Anyway, here he is:

----------

Corinthian Horror, The
Medium Outsider (Dream, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice:
6d8+24 (51 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 30’ (6 squares), touch 16, flat-footed 13
Armor Class: 16 (+3 Dex, +3 deflection)
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+10
Attack: Dagger +10 melee (1d4+4/19-20/x2); or Slam +10 melee (1d4+6)
Full Attack: Dagger +10/+5 melee (1d4+4/19-20/x2); or 2 Slams +10 (1d4+4)
Space/Reach: 5’/5’
Special Attacks: Improved grab, spell-like abilities, steal eyes,
Special Qualities: Blindsight 60’, damage reduction 10/magic and cold iron, dreamwalking, immunities, major arcana,
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +7,
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 17, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 14, Cha 17,
Skills: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +7, Disguise +12 (+14 to act in character), Hide +12, Intimidate +14, Knowledge: The planes +12, Listen +11, Move Silently +12, Search +12, Sense Motive +11, Sleight of Hand +5, Spot +11, Use Rope +12,
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Quick Draw,
Environment: Any land
Organization: Solitary, presumed unique
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: Standard plus one dagger.
Alignment: Usually neutral.
Advancement: 7-20 HD (Medium); or by character class.
LA: +10

“A healthy man dressed in simple clothes and with a dagger by his side stands before you. A strip of cloth covers his eyes. He smiles at you.”

The Corinthian is a walking horror; a nightmare made flesh, and one of the more powerful of the Major Arcana that serve the lord of the dreaming. Although the Corinthian generally isn’t an evil creature, it is imbued with a sadistic streak, and a very strong need to hurt others. It looks like a handsome human, half-elven, or elven male, but one lacking both its eyes. Where the creatures’ eyes should have been on a normal man, it instead has two fanged mouths, giving it a horrific and disturbing appearance. The Corinthian usually hides its eyes with cloth when moving among the mortal races, or if they are available in the realm it visits, primitive sunglasses, usually of gnome or dwarven craft.

Combat:
The Corinthian disdains combat, and usually tries to flee if it’s unable to scare its opponents away. If pressed it tries to use its spell-like abilities to cause as much havoc as possible before fleeing to the realm of dreams. The Corinthian has been known to hold a grudge for centuries at a time.
Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability the Corinthian must hit with a slam attack, if it succeeds it can attempt to steal its opponents eyes.
Steal Eyes (Ex): To use this ability the Corinthians prey must be somehow restrained or grappled. The Corinthian makes a normal attack with a dagger with a +4 bonus to it’s attack roll, if successful the attack deals double damage as the Corinthian cuts out the eyes of it’s prey, blinding them permanently and leaving two bleeding wounds. The Corinthian then puts those eyes where it’s own eyes should have been. Gaining any gaze and ray attacks and visual abilities that the eyes possessed. The abilities of the eyes remain for one hour, after which the Corinthian devours them. Nothing short of regeneration, limited wish, wish, or miracle will restore sight to the blinded creature.
Spell-like Abilities: At will – alter self and reduce person (self only); 3/day – confusion (DC 17), dimension door, fear (DC 17), and suggestion (DC 16); 1/day – dream, mind fog (DC 18), and nightmare (DC 18); these are as cast by a 10th level sorcerer. The saves are Charisma-based.
Dreamwalking (Sp): As a full round action the Corinthian can transport itself and up to six willing creatures to the realm of dreams.
Immunities (Ex): Immune to petrification, death effects, and gaze attacks.
Major Arcana: Immune to sleep, paralysis, stunning, poison, polymorphing, subdual damage and death from massive damage. Not subject to critical hits or mind-influencing effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns and morale effects). Cannot be affected against its will by banishing spells such as banishment or dismissal. Cannot be summoned by non-deific creatures. Major Arcana add their charisma modifiers as a deflection bonus to their AC.

----------

Comments, Critizism and Praise are welcomed. Tell me what you think. :D

Edit: Forgot to add some minor stuff, nothing big.

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
<shrill scream pierces the night wind>
Damn, I was just getting ready to go to bed! Now I'm going to have nightmares!
<beats Krishnath with a stick>

anyway, it looks great.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
touch 16, flat-footed 13

sorry, i've spent too much time editing other people's monsters. ;)

Krishnath

First Post
BOZ said:
touch 16, flat-footed 13

sorry, i've spent too much time editing other people's monsters. ;)

Aargh, I knew I forgot something, I'll go edit it in, so what do you think? Also, I forgot to add something to the Major Arcana ability...

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Also, if it has two slams, the slam damage should be 1d4+4, not +6. Only if a single slam was its only attack would it have 1.5xStr for damage.

Demiurge out.

Remove ads