D&D 5E Major Price Cuts on D&D books on Amazon.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Some of these prices are less than what a local game store would buy these books for. I wonder if some of them will stock up. I've said this a couple times before, but if you're selling PHBs for $20, you are looking to sell what you have before the new edition comes.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Some of these prices are less than what a local game store would buy these books for. I wonder if some of them will stock up. I've said this a couple times before, but if you're selling PHBs for $20, you are looking to sell what you have before the new edition comes.
It's a new October sale from Amazon called Prime Big Sale Days or something.
It's not about D&D unless you think the espresso machine I want being $100 off is about D&D (which may be true!)

SteveC

It's not about D&D unless you think the espresso machine I want being $100 off is about D&D (which may be true!)
I'll say that yeah, that espresso machine is still making Amazon some money. Based on the "you double the price at each level of distribution" I'm not sure the PHBs are. But that's not saying you don't have a good point with Prime Day.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I'll say that yeah, that espresso machine is still making Amazon some money. Based on the "you double the price at each level of distribution" I'm not sure the PHBs are. But that's not saying you don't have a good point with Prime Day.
There are lots of easily shipped things with massive discounts.
Bulky things are not getting big discounts (which is why I'm not getting the espresso machine)

SteveC

I'm selling my espresso machine. It leaks about a quarter teaspoon sometimes, but otherwise works.....
That's the other thing about an espresso machine: they are difficult to maintain. I suppose to bring this back to D&D books, are there still problems with the spine/pages pulling out on the PHB these days?

Stormonu

Legend
That's the other thing about an espresso machine: they are difficult to maintain. I suppose to bring this back to D&D books, are there still problems with the spine/pages pulling out on the PHB these days?
My first 5E copy split and fell apart, but the four we've ended up with (one for the wife, two for the kids, replacement for me) haven't had an issue. The others have been bought at different times a few years apart, with the wife's copy being from the boxed core set.

Remove ads