• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making an invisible Prismatic Wall

MerakSpielman

First Post
Is there a spell that can make a Prismatic Wall invisible? Or look like something harmless (cobwebs, etc...)? I was just thinking that this could be a nasty tactic if you can, say, get around a corner two or three rounds ahead of pursuers or something.

Berk

First Post
Can't be done. The violet color of a prismatic wall destroys all objects and effects and it even overlaps another color that destroys magic. Now you could cast a hallucinatory terrain before the wall or cast the wall after the hallucinatory terrain. But even then there will be tell tale signs that something is up from the light and everything that is shed by the wall itself.

MerakSpielman

First Post
well.

Say you were to create an illusury wall just in front of it, in a way that is obvious that it is an illusion. Might not rash folk brush through the wall confidantly, and get themselves zapped by the prismatic wall?

Or does the light from the prismatic wall penetrate the illusury wall?

CmdrSam

First Post
You could make a point of regularly dropping illusions of prismatic walls. Then, one day, when your foes are used to this trick, drop a real one. Not really an answer to your question, but maybe still an idea...

--Sam L-L

Creeping Death

First Post
Invisible spells

There is a feat in either RR1 or RR2 that allows you to cast a spell that is invisible. For example, cast a fireball that is invisible, no one would see it coming they would only feel it when it hit. I don't have my books here with me but I'm sure it is in one of those two books. I'll look it up and reply later.

LGodamus

First Post
There is a simple non magical way to do this.......alchemy . Make smoke pellets.....in an enclosed area like a dungeon corridor they would obscure things quite well and the magic of the wall wont bother the smoke.....

Uller

Adventurer
Berk said:
Can't be done. The violet color of a prismatic wall destroys all objects and effects and it even overlaps another color that destroys magic. Now you could cast a hallucinatory terrain before the wall or cast the wall after the hallucinatory terrain. But even then there will be tell tale signs that something is up from the light and everything that is shed by the wall itself.

Hallucinatory Terrain doesn't hide creatures, equipment or structures in the area...so I would say it doesn't conceal spell effects either.

But what about Silent Image, Major Image or Persistant Image? You run around a corner, drop an illusion of the passage as it is, then drop the prismatic wall right behind it. I'd allow a reflex save vs. the illusion to avoid stepping into the prismatic wall (or any other trap behind the illusion) in addition to the will save allowed for interacting with the illusion. So using this against powerful foes would be difficult. (plus a powerful foe would likely not fall for this sort of trick and wouldn't pursue without thinking about possible traps).

Remove ads