• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
I decided to create some additional card backs for all the power cards sets that are out there. I chose to select unique card backs for the different types of power frequencies so that once played/used, it can be turned over once complete to prevent a player from losing track of which power was used, and recovering only powers that have been renewed (picking up encounter powers after the encounter ends yet leaving the daily powers used face down until recharged). I adapted from the versions that Nytmare posted early in this thread.

pdzoch -

Can I have your permission to take this idea and place it into the UCS?

We need card backs and I like the design of these.

-- Hirahito

pdzoch

Explorer
Into MSE

I like the backs, now, if I can just figure out how to put it in the MSE decks, it would be perfect.

I would like to do that also; however, I have no idea how to import or design templates in MSE. I've been looking for a tutorial on it, but I haven't found one. If anyone knows how to import into MSE, it would be great knowledge for everyone, I am sure.

Meanwhile, I just print these using acrobat on the backs of MSE printed pages.

pdzoch

Explorer
Horizontal Backs

@pdzoch This are great. If you just do a couple horizontal... That will be superb;D Can you do it?

How about this? Two versions. I may have to change the images to find ones that best suit the Landscape format.

Attachments

• Power Card Back Horizontal Test.jpg
    Power Card Back Horizontal Test.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Power Card Back Horizontal Test2.jpg
    Power Card Back Horizontal Test2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 110

pdzoch

Explorer
Action Point

I also created an Action Point card, just so there was something tangible to be spent. I would liked to have used a token (poker chip type token), but since I was doing cards, the flip side would explain exactly what the action point offered (great for new and young players).

Attachments

• Action Point Back.jpg
    Action Point Back.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Action Point.png
    Action Point.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 142

pdzoch

Explorer
Quest Cards

One last creation, in draft form. I took to heart the idea in the DM's guide regarding Quest Cards (pg 103). Sure, it is another card but larger (5x8) for players possess and remind them of thier purpose on the adventure.

I've created two versions, one with and one without images. I've attached samples of the same quest for both versions.

Attachments

• Quest Card.jpg
    Quest Card.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Quest Card with image.jpg
    Quest Card with image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Quest Card sample.jpg
    Quest Card sample.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Quest Card Sample2.jpg
    Quest Card Sample2.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 139

disarray2

First Post
Pdzoch, I love the work you did with the card backs. I would 2nd or 3rd the horizontal cards. I like the 2nd card type best, the one with condition on the top.

I like the quest card idea as well. How are you entering the data?

pdzoch

Explorer
Horizontal Card Backs

Pdzoch, I love the work you did with the card backs. I would 2nd or 3rd the horizontal cards. I like the 2nd card type best, the one with condition on the top.

I like the quest card idea as well. How are you entering the data?

I whipped the designs up quickly, and the first version was my attempt to be quick and make as few changes to the original design as possible, but the layout did not quite look right in the landscape format. So I made the second version, which provided some better looking layout, but I am not quite happy with it either (I think mostly because the "gold frame" between boxes now seems incomplete and out of place on the card).

As for the quest card, my design is not completely functional in that I am using photoshop to input the data directly on to the card design. Although, I could easily make it a fillable adobe form. I haven't progressed far enough in the project yet -- draft is only a few hours old.

If I knew how to make templates in MSE, I would use that program for simplicity sakes. All the power cards are already in that format thanks to the contribution of other gamers. And I hate haveing several different programs to manage a single game.

eloquentaction

First Post
Ok, done! :D

For now, it's only the statcards template. I've removed a lot of the stuff I meant to add to the style/game files but never finished. It's supposed to work. :)

There are two styles, one is standard card size (9 per page), the other is BIG (4 cards per A4 page - just remember to set your printer to landscape!), wich I plan on using for important NPCs, as well as PCs with powercards - just the at-will powers or race/class features go in the big card, everything else goes on power card. I think I'll probably do a spiffy back side with character bios and portrait later... ;)

Both styles have a lot of card color choices (some taken from the "official" WotC colors - I just added Martial Purple to the list -, while others I played around with). I even included a plain black and white, printer friendly, version (my favorite). :angel:

Linky:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c2twmdd3jhd/betoMSE.rar

Hope you enjoy it. :eek:

38093d1230218979-making-your-own-power-cards-skamos-redmoon.jpg

erf -

Anyway you'd consider adding these as a template to the UCS project?

These are a great character / monster type cards for everyone to use.

-- Hirahito

Duniagdra

First Post
So many posts and designers, I can't keep track. You guys are doing an awesome job here, all of you. The contributions are astounding. I've tried looking, but seem to be at a loss. Were there any power cards from Forgotten Realms?

Remove ads