Making your own power cards

Asmor

First Post
Just download a PDF distiller. For example, CutePDF.

It installs a virtual printer which you can print to from any application. Thus you can make a PDF from any application which you can print from.

mindshadow2k

First Post
Asmor said:
Just download a PDF distiller. For example, CutePDF.

It installs a virtual printer which you can print to from any application. Thus you can make a PDF from any application which you can print from.

Hehe the issue is not the actual software to create the pdf, its the Magic Card Editor software and how it converts its data. When you go to say just print off like a single set of say Cleric spells it sends an almost 1gig file to the print spooler and that is just 11 pages. Although good news is tat the 11 pages when completed printing is only 14 mb, but it still takes a long time to crunch through the spool job.

If you try to print off the whole thing then well you kinda SOL. It is like you have to do 1 page at a time, which is not very fun.

This is unless I am missing something in the MSE app.

FYI other then that I love your cards @Ander00, they are exactly what i was looking for. I did pretty much the exact same thing in an image application as opposed to MSE, but only finished with the first level spells for all classes. Now if I could just get yours to not create a 1 gig spool job... grrrrr

Last edited:

Veilheim

First Post
sunspot said:
Absolutely!

For starters, advice on layout modifications is always welcome. Furthermore Pointing out editing mistakes is also greatly appreciated, (I would rather you email me those, in order to not clog the thread). But most importantly I need to have the powers in txt format, in order to facilitate cut/paste of power descriptions. If you find a good link for this please let me know!

Thanks for the support!

I will do my best to have all the powers out within 1-2 weeks.

Sun, do you want these as a word/doc file or a pure text file? I've got the cleric powers all done, just need to know exactly how you want the file format.

Ander00

First Post
In case you want those, I have most of the powers in word files now (I didn't use this mode of operation for warlord powers, which I did first, so those are missing). The warlock ones I only have with some abbreviations ('Constitution modifier' -> 'Con', 'Fortitude' -> 'Fort', etc.), all others I should have in full and in that variant. Also, at least the name, flavor text and rules text should work fine if you load my set with your template.

cheers

Daelkyr

First Post
Ander00 said:
Now that (almost) everyone has their books, here's the update to my MSE template, as well as a complete set of cards. I hope some of you will find either of those useful. ...

And helpful they are. I'm running a game tonight and they have sped up char design to no end. Thank you very much.

On a related note, how does one edit the files so they can add their own race in the keyword drop-down menu? I want to add Warforged to the list of races.

Thanks again.

- Josh

Ander00

First Post
You could just type it in of course, but if you want to add it to the drop-down menu, all you have to do is to find the following part in the game file:
Code:
	word:
		name: Tiefling
		line below: true
And replace it with:
Code:
	word: Tiefling
	word:
		name: Warforged
		line below: true

cheers

Veilheim

First Post
Ander00 said:
In case you want those, I have most of the powers in word files now (I didn't use this mode of operation for warlord powers, which I did first, so those are missing). The warlock ones I only have with some abbreviations ('Constitution modifier' -> 'Con', 'Fortitude' -> 'Fort', etc.), all others I should have in full and in that variant. Also, at least the name, flavor text and rules text should work fine if you load my set with your template.

cheers

Hi Ander, so I tried loading your files in (after upgrading) and mse blows up on me instantly. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Can you point me to where I might learn about not being stupid? :)

Thanks!
V

GMLtd

First Post
The Plan

So is anyone going to go through the Player's Handbook and do ALL the cards for (I like Troll's) template? That is an aweful lot of printing, wonder if a printing company would do it if it was JUST for personal use? After all, if WotC decide to make blank cards for personal use, why cant we print out a professional set of cards that are type faced instead of hand written. No one is going to sell the cards so no one will be making a profit. Blank cards already have the "You may photocopy this sheet for personal use..." tagged onto it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases