Making your own power cards

Bayuer

First Post
@erf_beto
Your card template is nice. Looking just like in PHB. It will be hard time to decide with one to use when all the templates will be ready:)

@eloquentaction
Who said about rembering all the things. Write all properities on paper. Ehh. Just like this.

Anyway I see your point and it could be helpful but when you got cards for all it's to confusing. 30+ cards. No thanks. It will be killing on epic tier. Anyway if you want do it. I'm sure there will be many players who will thank you for your effort.

Thindaraiel

First Post
This is the point of the UCS: giving people (players and GMs) tools to play with.

As a developer, I prefer a template which provides everything which can be useful. If as a player or GM I don't find one or other functionality useful, I won't use it. For instance, I'm not really sure as a player of the use of skills cards. But I will provide them as a developer for those of you who will want to use them.

DennisB

First Post
Because some skills, like athletics, has many sub sections and having a quick reference to all the abilities is good on hand so if you have an idea on how to use it then between you're turn you can glance at the card to see if it is possible

1) The decks are magic item compatible
2) Feats will be included
3) rituals will be added
4) All cards can be modified for "house rules"
5) Unlike ander, I will be keeping on the updates with every dragon mags and core books release
6)Every possible style (Except monsters) can be created. (Powers - Equipment - Skills ect)

The Ander decks has all of those things already done. Stop trashing other people's work just to make yourself sound better.

1) you are reading tone into "unlike ander"
2) the only claim that his will be different is that he intends to update (more?) often. The other numbers aren't claims that they will be different. Frankly, if ander and grandpa are burnt out, then I am glad that someone else has picked up the torch and is fired up.

tristan_tewksbury

First Post
This is the point of the UCS: giving people (players and GMs) tools to play with.

As a developer, I prefer a template which provides everything which can be useful. If as a player or GM I don't find one or other functionality useful, I won't use it. For instance, I'm not really sure as a player of the use of skills cards. But I will provide them as a developer for those of you who will want to use them.
And, since you don't have to enter all the skill data yourself, it is much easier to provide that extra functionality for those that want it -- you just need to ensure your template supports the skill card.

I think it is wonderful that so many are working together on this. It means the data entry can be shared so that no one person does all of it, but that players have maximum flexibility to find the cards that most appeal to them to bring to the table for play.

My group has been using these cards for a while and we really like them. :cool: Mostly power cards (to keep track of what powers have been used so far during a combat), but also skill cards, action cards, and magic item cards. They really let us avoid consulting the actual books during a game session, which can really break the pace of the game.

Dunno if someone has made the comment... please leave the area where stuff will be written as a solid white background. If I print these on a color laser, then it is difficult to write over the glossy toner if the background is not white.

please give feedback.

OK, you note that the text will be black on the right. That's good. My main fear with the cards is legibility (edit: especially at the gaming table where lighting conditions may not be ideal). Not sure if the font is big enough nor if the contrast is high enough (though black text against a light background should be much better).

White text seems to have the best contrast on the left side. I'd rather the text be larger and limit the number of user-entered boxes to 6 (or less). (exclude gold value for starters)

disarray2

First Post
1) you are reading tone into "unlike ander"
2) the only claim that his will be different is that he intends to update (more?) often. The other numbers aren't claims that they will be different. Frankly, if ander and grandpa are burnt out, then I am glad that someone else has picked up the torch and is fired up.

The ander stuff gets updated after every magazine. How much more often do you need it? Ander00 hasn't updated anything in a long time. Other people are.

Yes, I read tone into it. Considering he was told twice already that the ander decks were updated, I can only go on he's ignoring the fact for his own reasons.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest. Women always lose those with you guys. /sigh. I do, however, want the work that myself and many others have done to not be trashed.

DennisB

First Post
BradfordFerguson, I agree about the # of boxed, However, the magic item cards will need 10 boxes, like I said, the cards are going to be VERY character specific in that even the level of the magic item - bonus - and gold value- are all going to be inputted. Even the weapon type of a magic weapon.

Also, I will look into the fonts.

misalo1

Explorer
My Power Card Update

Version 1.03
Added - Artificer (Dragon 365)
Added - Warden (Dragon 371)
Correction - Typo in the 'Insubstantial' card (Core Set - Misc. File)

Still working on the Martial Power book :)

Remove ads