Malice of the Medusa (pt-1) [Manzanita judging]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
You could not ready the trip attempt AND draw a weapon in the surprise round. And the trip attempt failed it's touch attack anyway but I didn't want to watse your attack roll so I let that stand as your round one action.
edit: I have just looked over Improved Trip and you would need to roll your attempts in combat as follows:
1d20+3(touch attack);1d20+6(trip attempt);1d20+3(attack vs. prone opponent)
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
Pretty sure your edit is exactly what I did. But thanks anyway, and I just remembered that I can't crit on a skeleton anyway, being undead and all, lol.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

Midias shows the creature the emblazoned symbol of Hyrag on his shield and calls: "Begone, creature of darkness!"

[sblock=OOC]
Greater turning (check, damage) (1d20+1=17, 2d6+3=8)
Counts as level 2 cleric.

Spellcraft +5 (trying to identify the effect)
Spellcraft (1d20+5=20)
Any news about my spellcraft check?

AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 10/10, F +4,R+1,W+4
0 Level: Detect Magic, Light, Resistance
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Viktor frowns his strike failing to trip the strange creature. Not taking the time to let the nature of his adversary sink in, the boy strikes again, attempting to take the creature off it's feet.

[sblock=OOC]
Melee touch attack for trip attempt, Trip attempt, Strike against prone opponent, damage roll.
1d20+3=7, 1d20+7=18, 1d20+3=21, 2d4+3=6
Seems the RNG Gods do not want Viktor to trip this skeleton... >.>[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis watches his dagger glance off the skeleton, smiles grimly, and follows it forward to join the melee, taking up a flanking position across from Firebuilder.

Grimacing at the sight and smell of the undead creature close up, he jabs forward with his rapier.

[sblock=Actions]Moves forward, hopefully into a flanking position across from Firebuilder or Viktor - I'm not entirely sure where, since the map hasn't been updated, but either way it should be within 30'.
Attack 1d20+4=13
Damage 1d6+2=3[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc]Such enthusiasm! :p You all are a little ahead of me sorry I have been sick. For further refrence let me post a round recap and let you know to start a second unless you know you will be away for awhile and want to post actions ahead to keep things going. Ok now for the recap. [/sblock]

Round 1:

The newly formed undead rises to unlife and immeditely lunges for a target, but Amik is curled up in a tight ball protected. Viktor tries to trip the undead with the blunt hooked part of his guisarme but instead the brittle leg bone snaps and as he pulls the blade comes right on through the broken bone.

Reis drawing and throwing his dagger in one motion strikes the skeletons but doesn't stick like it would if the creature were flesh and blood. With the dagger in the air Firebuilder moves quickly forward and bring his morningstar down with tremendous force atop the skull of the burning skeleton. Crushing the creatures skull, shoulder, and most of the ribcage the black skeleton crumbles as Midias gets his holy symbol ready for an assault of his own, but no longer needs.

The now dead undead lays in a pile of burning black bones like some unnatural campfire. "GET BACK!!" Amik yells crawling backwards away from the bones. To late for Firebuilder the pile of burning bones flares up and explodes in fire and bone shards. The young cleric gets his shield to bear just in time taking a minor burn from the explosion.

[sblock=ooc2] So to recap after Firebuilders attack the burning skeleton was "dead". He took 1 point of damage and Midias didn't waste his greater turning. Combat is over next post will explain spellcraft check and get you some more answers if you have any questions. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Suddenly a secert door opens to your right and two men dressed head to toe in black, only their hands and eyes showing leap to surround Amik. They both carry large falchions and look ready to use them.

"Back away, back away." Amik snaps at the two men getting up. They bow and step behind the fatman arms folded and falchions pointing up. "That gentlemen was the power of The Lady Ssedenka, and why Adean is hiding." he says dusting his hands off.

[sblock=Spellcraft] That was not a spell maybe a powerful ritual or magical item. [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Viktor smiled as the creature fell, and ducked and covered his head as he saw it explode before retrieving his weapon and turning to the larger man.

"At least it was her he was hiding from, I suppose..." The young adventurer noted in a loud mutter that wasn't exaggerated but not overly concealed either. "How often can was expect 'our fiery friend'?" The boy asked, wondering how many the group could defeat and how often they'd be fighting them, and how much stronger the medusa might be, and perhaps whether or not they'd be forced to fight the creature. The prospect both excited and frightened him. Unfortunately, Viktor was still intent on continuing the adventure, and so his father's hopes for a sudden return from his son were dashed.

Errandir

First Post
Reis looks around carefully, clearly taken aback by the sudden appearance of the two men wearing black. As he realizes there do not seem to be any further threats, he sheathes his rapier, walks over to pick up his dagger and place it back into his belt, and then returns to his spot among the party, waiting for further developments.

From the look of the glance Reis throws in Amik's direction, it seems that the attack has not entirely allayed his uneasiness about the mission, but he says nothing.

Remove ads