Malvec defeated, Mandrin found

Ezieer

First Post
After getting the translation and seeing the woman's request, Ezieer momentarily flinches at the thought of losing out on their hard fought booty. A deep raspy sigh, however, convinces him that he is not really in a condition to fight..

"Well getting on our way is more important than whatever those things are worth... which ain't much. I say give them their things back... finding a buyer was going to be difficult anyway... a real hassle."

Arkhandus

First Post
"Aye" Theodus concurs, "I don't be carin' about the religious trinkets, go ahead an' give 'em to the villagers. We just want to be gettin' off o' this isle, aye?"

Ezieer

First Post
Taking this as a general consensus... Ezieer collects the items in question and presents them to the woman (hoping this gives her more status in this negotiation).

"Here take what you want... these are the items yer were after correct?" (in Hibridic hoping thats a language they might know as well)

Last edited:

DMEntropy

First Post
The woman accepts the items from Ezieer. The shield she hands to the man Jallar while holding on to the rest. The villagers part before you as you walk to your boat. There is now a feeling of resignation and sadness among the villagers in the way they move about. It is clear that this was a big blow to their way of life.

The woman approaches as you prepare to leave the island. "We will have to hunt the remaining children on the smaller islands before they come for us. If we survive, you have a safe place to stay here in the warm ocean." Jallar walks up behind her and places his hand on her hip, "Come, Alli. We must return to the temple."

With that the villlagers all depart the beach into the jungle.

* Plans? *

Ezieer

First Post
Ezieer looks at the 'damage' thats been done. After an initial assessment... he gets the others working.

"Time to put this back together... leave the oars for now... that's easy enough. Time to step the mast t'were it should be. Youall git it in der socket, we can get it plumb... more or less an I'll redo the rigging. T'will ger er shipshape in no time... well hopefully in time."

DMEntropy

First Post
Under Ezieer's expert guidance the mast is repositioned in the boat and the rigging completed in and hour so of excruciating and exhausting....work. By far the worst experience poor Ezieer has experienced in several months.

Once completed, the oars are replaced without difficulty and the boat launched. You are now free to leave the Garden of Murryghn if you wish.

RJKrik

First Post
Azeem Razuddi

Azeem, after remaining mostly silent (the longest Ezieer can recall him being quiet in one stretch, while he was conscious, since he knew the bard) since leaving the temple looks back towards the interior of the island and then speaks again.

"Hmm, not sure how I feel about leaving them to deal with whatever is left of Malvec's creatures but I think we're liable to get ourselves seriously dead if we try to go after them at this point, not to mention the fact that Lady Karnom will no doubt be missing us. We've done what we can, and here's wishing long days and pleasant nights to these people from now on." Upon saying this he gives a wave to the island and then heads for the skiff.

He smiles. "You know, sometimes I wonder if this "adventuring" thing is worth it, then you come to the end of it and realize that you've done something for the good (and made more than a few eagles besides) that it all feels about right." He pauses and chuckels "Though I could certainly do without the near-death-experiences, but like they say, if it was easy anybody could do it. And if THAT happened then there'd be no ravenous dragons to save from fire-breathing princesses... or something like that."

He motions towards the skiff. "Well gents, shall we depart dearly before we become the dearly departed?"

Ezieer

First Post
Wiping his brow... yet again.

"Yea-ho.... lets catch the wind while we can. All aboard who's goin aboard... I for one have seen enough of this island for a good while. We dun em a whole lot o' help... twich they aint seem to do fer themselves none either. The rest of the clean-up will have to be done widout me and yours.... That is if ya don't want to become permnant residents here. We set sail now I says."

Ezieer's voice switches to what can be considered his 'Captain's' voice... authoritative without being annoying.

"I said all aboard and load the booty. Ready to untie that line mate... oarsmen man the oars and be ready to stow em fast on my command..."

DMEntropy

First Post
The sail is set and the oars are replaced in their sockets. You depart the island through the surf and sail north to your rendezvous with the Avonia. The day is long and seems much longer than your previous trips. This is likely due to your having more injuries this time than before.

Evening approaches and Ezieer is confident that he has sailed true to his course. You *should* have spotted the Avonia's sails by now. But, the horizon is a clean line. Night is approaching. The weather seems to be holding true with clear skies and a gentle westerly breeze.

*Plans?*

Ezieer

First Post
Ezieer looks around... holding of the dispair of not seeing the ship... for now.

"We are late and dar night's embrace will be about us quickly... we need to signal the Avonia... whether that be with magical light or loud sounds. Hopefully we will eventually git noticed."

Ezieer starts hooting and howling.

"Start whacking those oars together... that will make a nice clear sound. We will need to sail about here 'bouts and see if we can find em or better yet be finded by em."

Remove ads