Malvoisin's War of the Burning Sky - IC Thread

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Cassandra barely restrains herself from glaring daggers at Coldan. She keeps a straight face and gives a conciliatory smile instead.*

'That is beyond Lawful and Good--those are the rantings of a madman or someone with a lobotomy. To bring a random person to a secret rendezvous. Helping the mother Cassandra could get behind. Saving the woman from the fire--well, it was fast. Getting the weasel, it was crazy, but they didn't have to do it, so it worked out. But this is just...Inconceivable! Now I remember why I work alone!'

"That will not be necessary, Coldan. If he has no place, then I shall provide him with a far more appropriate and safer location that is closer too. Now let us move on, after I give those directions if necessary."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Coldan sighed. Cass was more distrustful than needed. Not everyone was an agent. But if he was suggesting what he thought... sigh. "I believe I said he could follow us `temporarily,' friend. I am sure he can find shelter in the nearest gate while we will be on our way."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The nearest gate is a good idea, actually. That's just back the way we came," Cassandra replies amiably, "Of course, we should let him speak, since you probably has shelter of his own, right, don't you?" she winks and gestures to the gnome when she says 'you' in an attempt to stop all this talking over him.

(OOC: Not just if he was an agent--Cassandra doesn't want a random bystander to see the transaction either--if the bystander is unscrupulous, he could rat them out voluntarily, and if he is not, then they have put the bystander in danger because the bystander has knowledge the Ragesian Inquisitors want, and they use torture to get what they want :()

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The gnome quickly falls in step with the group, looking up at the taller ones, smiling at the shorter ones. "That'sh all right... dragonsh don't shcare me. I'll be fine." He starts trotting along with them, not a care in the world. However, it is when Aridha says to him specifically "You can't come with us though" that his head lazily snaps back in surprise, looks at her with his beady, bloodshot eyes, and then walks over to her. "Jusht where are you going that it'sh a shecret? Hmm? It'sh all right misshy... you can trusht me. I won't shay anything. I'm religioush! I'm a gnome of the people!" He turns back to the others. "My name is Portnoy Frumb... priesht of Weshtral. An' don't worry... your shecret ish shafe with me."

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Look at how specifically he reacted to that comment by Aridha that he couldn't come. If he isn't with us specifically, he is a plant, and he will not be waking up from his next drunken stupor.'

*Cassandra turns to Torrent and asks a deliberate question calmly and crisply with emphasis on each word:*

"Is he a member of our organisation?"

*Ignoring responses from anyone except Torrent, she waits for an answer from Torrent. If Torrent says anything but "Yes", she casts Colour Spray on the gnome and prepares to coup de grace him when he falls.*

Remove ads