• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Manchester, UK; Oldham way, D&D 4e & Next

Axiie

First Post
I live about 10 miles out of Manchester towards Oldham way, just off Ashton Road. I've checked in my local area, to no avail, so I'm taking the off chance there may be some interest on the forums.

Basically, I'm looking to put together a group of regular players who share the same passion for roleplaying as myself. I'm primarily a DM and currently run a number of games on Roll20, but the desire to run live games is starting to overrule that. I've ran WoD games live in the past, and I have managed to run a number of D&D games around the table, but due to distances of the group it can't be a regular thing. If there's anyone interested in turning it into a regular thing and can make it towards Oldham way, drop me a PM; I'm always up for meeting new folks and getting to know the individuals that make this hobby what it is.

Note: It should be noted that I do pop into the Manchester gaming store, FanBoy3 on occasions, so if you've been there and played you'd know it's great to play in a gaming store. What I'm looking for though is a more relaxed space specifically for the group without the pressure of a loud, distracting environment. If it turns out people are up for playing in FanBoy3 though, I'm all up for trying to run a game there.

mikefowler

First Post
Hi,

I haven't played for a couple of years now but I'm looking to get back in to tabletop gaming. I used to play in FanBoyThree as well. It's a great store but can get a bit crowded and I'd rather get involved in an ongoing campaign of some sort. I have a mate who would be up for a game as well although we probably wouldn't be able to make every week. I work shifts and he just works more than is reasonable! Let me know if you get anywhere with your plans.

Mike

Axiie

First Post
I'm actually in the process of organising a gaming society at Oldham Library for a variety of geektastic endeavours, which I'd be more than happy to keep you updated on either via the thread, or if you send me a PM with an email I can use that as a contact. I'm also not adversed to organising a more localised group for home games, where the atmosphere can be far more casual and people can certainly get to know each other better in home games, but that's something I'd set up in time.

wlmartin

Explorer
I live about 10 miles out of Manchester towards Oldham way, just off Ashton Road. I've checked in my local area, to no avail, so I'm taking the off chance there may be some interest on the forums.

Basically, I'm looking to put together a group of regular players who share the same passion for roleplaying as myself. I'm primarily a DM and currently run a number of games on Roll20, but the desire to run live games is starting to overrule that. I've ran WoD games live in the past, and I have managed to run a number of D&D games around the table, but due to distances of the group it can't be a regular thing. If there's anyone interested in turning it into a regular thing and can make it towards Oldham way, drop me a PM; I'm always up for meeting new folks and getting to know the individuals that make this hobby what it is.

Note: It should be noted that I do pop into the Manchester gaming store, FanBoy3 on occasions, so if you've been there and played you'd know it's great to play in a gaming store. What I'm looking for though is a more relaxed space specifically for the group without the pressure of a loud, distracting environment. If it turns out people are up for playing in FanBoy3 though, I'm all up for trying to run a game there.

havent played in about a year but am keen to get involved I. Regular weekly session.
have gaming and dm experience for 2/3/4e

prefering the idea of a 3/3.5 game but am up for ananything please pm me if you are interested in taking a new member for a Manchester based group

Karastyn

First Post
Are you still looking for players, and what would i need to be able to play, I recently started re-reading the Drizzt saga by RA Salvatore and its reignited my interest in role- playing. I used to play AD&D Years ago. I live in manchester but originally from Oldham i would like to join a friendly game and your post seemed fortuitous. so let me know if its something i can join and how to go about it.

Remove ads