• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Map Advice

Malachei

First Post
While I have most official 3rd edition material, it takes a lot of time digging through the books and dungeon magazines to find the right maps for a session.

Right now I am looking for:

1. An underground temple / cultist hideout, ideally with a layout that makes it fit as the basement of a building in a town or city (i.e. not a huge dungeon level, but still large enough so the main room can host a gathering of 20-40 cultists)
  2. A guildhall, preferably a wizard's guild
  3. A building on the plane of shadow or the ethereal plane

If any of these come to mind, I'd be really grateful if you'd point me to the source. Thank you.

There are a few maps in Complete Divine that may help. Of those available, I'd suggest looking at The Sewer Hangout of Olidamara (pg 69), The Cave Shrine of Tiamat (pg 95) and The Crypt Shrine of Vecna (pg 120).

They may not be 100% what you're looking for but certainly make good jumping off points.

Adimus

First Post
I can think of some, but they all have 'buts' to them.

Fanghurst in page 181 of Libris Mortis looks to be a decent cultist lair. Lots of undead (of course) but you could always reskin it if you don't need that noise. You could technically put any dungeon in another plane, but if you're looking for a extraplanar-themed one specifically the Citadel of the Planes (pg 121) from Stronghold Builder's Guidebook looks awesome, though its passes through several planes throughout the course of the dungeon. As for a guildhall, if you have dungeon magazine there was one Hall of the Elestial Eye in the Mystery Map segment in the back of no.140.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads