• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Map of a courtyard dungeon

Ydars

Explorer
I am creating a 4E campaign based around the idea of an "endless urban sprawl", created by Old Ones. I am going with the idea of a sentient city where the whole city is a vast, and self regulating magical construct, though the setting itself will have elements of low magic and simulation once the basic premise is accepted; that ancient magic was so powerful that it could alter the very nature of the world itself.

I am hoping to create a sandbox style adventure where the explorations of the City are the essential element of the adventure, wih site based adventures triggering off of PC exploration. It will also be non-scaling, so that the issue of balance reverts to the players.

Firstly, what do people think of this background idea? Do you think this would fly as a published module? Would anyone be interested in other versions of D&D stats: e.g. AD&D, 3.5E etc?

To this end, I have created this map in Photoshop CS4 and would like people's opinions, since I am preparing artwork with a view to possible publication at some time in the future. Apologies for the colours; I have an ongoing issue with my monitor which means they don't look over-saturated to me but might to you.

The actual image is also much more detailed, but I couldn't upload the whole file and it is obviously a work in progress.

Since EN World can't really upload such large files, I will have to direct you here to see the map (sorry).

http://www.youshare.com/dovesk/2a5f7...8dbac.jpg.html

What would you think if you saw this in a published module? What would you like to see?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads