• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maps and more maps...

stringbean

First Post
Cravensmarch Map

This is my Campaign setting of Cravensmarch, as mapped with Photoshop 7.

The physical geography is based on the continent of Cerilia from TSR's Birthright setting, though the campaign is very much a low-magic, dark-fantasy tale of ordinary folks thrust into a tangle of events much greater than they seem.

Anyhow - cartography is something I can get lost in for hours at a time.

Opinions are quite welcome...

Matt
matt.everhart@mocotton.com

weem

First Post
Hmmm... I wish I had some time, I would love to take up someone's idea and map it for them - unfortunately my map-making time is used for my website projects.

However, I do have a page on my site displaying some of the maps I have made.

Feel free to use them in your game (though I'll have to ask that they stay out of any print or PDF projects you may be doing:(

http://www.mindqwerk.com/cartography.shtml

Have fun all!

Last edited:

Sixchan

First Post
cthuluftaghn said:
For the land layer, I took a stark black and white image of a globe of the earth that I snagged of some web site and blew it up real big. Then, I used a lot of copy and paste, twist, move and warp to piece together my land mass. I think India and a slightly misplaced and askew South America are the only semi-recognizable areas... if you know what you're looking for.

All I noticed was Antartica, until you mentioned it. This is fun! So far I've found Europe, Africa and South America, but I still can't find India. Is that Russia upside-down at the top? Is North America just West of Africa?

It looks like a VERY cool map. It could make for interesting Alternate Earth Scenarios where all the continents jiggied up.

cthuluftaghn

First Post
Sixchan said:

but I still can't find India. Is that Russia upside-down at the top? Is North America just West of Africa?

It looks like a VERY cool map. It could make for interesting Alternate Earth Scenarios where all the continents jiggied up.

First off, thank you!

India is south of the equator, a little more than 1/3 of the way towards the south pole, almost along the center line of the globe. It's mirrored, so it curves to the west instead of the east, but the shape is still preserved.

I honestly don't have any idea which continents ended up where, other than the ones that can plainly be seen. I just kinda went nuts with my editing tools, and that's what I came up with. Some land masses are there more than once... others aren't there at all. More than anything, I was just looking for interesting coastlines.

Priest

First Post
Cool Idea,

Would you please do mine, feal free to improvise...and if..you..want...to..you..can....leave cities,..and..stuff..unnamed

Attachments

• maidens.jpg
    maidens.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 178

Remove ads