Maps/atlas for generic fantasy world

Revinor

First Post
I'm running my homebrew campaign on a local scale so far, but soon I'll need to get slightly more global. I have the general idea about political structure/few countries of interest, but what I lack is kind of map I can play with.

I'm looking at either internet or printed resource with a nicely done map for fantasy world. Main D&D published worlds are not possible (specifically Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance and probably Eberron).

So far I have found something called Kingdoms of Kalamar Atlas which looks very promising - but I would like to know if there are any other options.

Sordath

Explorer
I've been looking for good maps too. Always the most difficult part of any homebrew for me.

One good source is the Earth! I mean, flip through an atlas or online map of the world till you find a nice region that has the required coast/mountains/rivers, rotate 90 or 180 degrees to taste and you're set.

Good thing is you can get realistic world climate/weather patterns/mineral resources distribution just from researching that area.

Remove ads