March 2011 Errata

MrMyth

First Post
On the one hand, I like being able to quickly peruse the errata and see all the changes in one place.

On the other hand, I really liked their previous format for the errata, which included an explanation for changes and a reprinting of the full power/feat/etc so that you had no chance of misreading the errata.

I can't help but wonder if the change - and the minute amount of errata itself - is in some ways a response to the complaints about how many pages the errata document was. Or, alternatively, a result of them not having the time or resources to create a more extensive and complete errata update.

It could be possible that they just feel all the Essentials material is working perfectly and doesn't need any other errata, I suppose. And that DDI magazine content they can just fix within the articles themselves. I suppose I should listen to the optimist in me and hope that is the answer...

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I think they're holding it back for the Warlock Class Compendium reprint article. June was the target for that, IIRC. I could be wrong on either or both.

I don't believe it will be a class compendium article (since warlock wasn't included in the original canceled book), but they did say that they were shooting for a re-visitation of the warlock (especially in terms of damage) in June.

Their new errata schedule lists June and December as the months in which more substantial revisions beyond minor corrections will take place.

Aegeri

First Post
That is a bit of a shame and I don't really see the point in that. Minding, I have to concede given how similar the "Marshal" was to the Warlord why you need to release these piecemeal over several months anyway.

Remove ads