[March] What are you reading?

Agamon

Adventurer
Just finished the Secret War graphic novel, which I didn't know Bendis had based off a real life secret military ops story told to him when he was a kid. Cool.

Also just getting done with Marvel's Civil War story arc, which was okay, but took a long time to tell not much of a story, IMO.

Non-fiction, I just started The Godfather of Poker, Doyle Brunson's autobiography. Now that would be an interesting life to have lived....

Agamon

Adventurer
Sadly, I'm reading Rules of the Road, as my driver's license is about to expire. I'm not looking forward to spending a half day at the DMV tomorrow. :(

You guys need to retest for your license down there? Man, we need that up here in Kanuckistan. Get your driver's at 18 and keep using it when you're 92. Because, hey, nothing's changed, right? Ugh...

Nellisir

Hero
Currently reading The Princess of Burundi, by Kjell Eriksson. Swedish murder-mystery novel. Pretty good. Also partway through Chessmen of Mars (Burroughs). Just finished Thuvia, Maid of Mars (Burroughs, of course), and I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith. Excellent book. Also read Silas Marner, by George Eliot (another excellent book), Zoo City, by Lauren Beukes, and The Riddlemaster of Hed trilogy by Patricia McKillip. Some of that is late February; it all shades together. If you want recommendations, Burroughs is probably the weakest of the lot.

Nellisir

Hero
Finished The Princess of Burundi. Read Red Harvest, by Dashell Hammet, and liked it more than than The Thin Man or The Maltese Falcon. The Continental Op is a nice conceit; I'll look for the other books.

Just started The Ghost Map, by Steven Johnson, about the cholera plague in London. Also glanced at Giant Bones, by Peter S Beagle, but didn't read all of the first page, so I don't think that counts as starting.

Starman

Adventurer
I just finished The Wizard by Gene Wolfe, the second in his Wizard Knight duology. I didn't like it as much as the first. The pacing was just dreadful in the first 2/3rds or so and the unreliable narrator schtick went a little too far. It was good, though, if not great.

Now I'm going to read The Preacher run of graphic novels. I finally picked up the last two, so I can read them all and see how it all ends.

Jhaelen

First Post
I'm currently reading "Tesla", a biography written by contemporary John O'Neil. It's incredibly biased but still manages to give an interesting overview of Tesla's achievements.

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Finished Facing Danger, started reading Echoes of Betrayal by Elizabeth Moon (Paladin’s Legacy book 3)

Also adding some work related reading - MS SQL 2005, VMWare ESXi and Wordpress publishing

Remove ads