D&D 4E Martial classes

Vaalingrade

Legend
It takes a hour to make poison gas bombs and they start leaking after a day of no maintenance.

I guess.
You made them offscreen during downtime and use them at the most opportune moment.

No need to count or justify anything.

Like, heroes in stories only run out of ammo and tech when it would be narratively interesting, not when it would be 'logical'. Sometimes Spidey has enough web to keep the statue of liberty's arm on and sometimes he runs out ten minutes into fighting Shocker because that's the only way Shocker can be a threat to anyone.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
You made them offscreen during downtime and use them at the most opportune moment.

No need to count or justify anything.

Like, heroes in stories only run out of ammo and tech when it would be narratively interesting, not when it would be 'logical'. Sometimes Spidey has enough web to keep the statue of liberty's arm on and sometimes he runs out ten minutes into fighting Shocker because that's the only way Shocker can be a threat to anyone.

I was saying it as a joke mostly. That's what many would complain about. However you culdmake a mechanic where gadgeteers can spend ammo to recharge encounter powers.

However a gadgeteer with smoke bombs, fire grenades, taser fists, stun bolas, electro-nets and acid sprayers would have been cool.
It woulda been funny that the Martial Gadgeteer and the Arcane Artificer are 2 different roles.

But in my own homebrew RPG gadgeteers and artificers play very differently.
Batman vs Iron Man

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I was saying it as a joke mostly. That's what many would complain about. However you culdmake a mechanic where gadgeteers can spend ammo to recharge encounter powers.

However a gadgeteer with smoke bombs, fire grenades, taser fists, stun bolas, electro-nets and acid sprayers would have been cool.
It woulda been funny that the Martial Gadgeteer and the Arcane Artificer are 2 different roles.

But in my own homebrew RPG gadgeteers and artificers play very differently.
Batman vs Iron Man

I have seen Batman make one time use Ironman like outfits that... we need something less frequent than dailies for that.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I've actually done that in the hack I've been working on. the Chemical Soldier and Bloodmyst Poisoner have encounter powers that represent their gadgets and then the Brought an Extra feat (my PrC / subclasses are feat paths) lets you recharge one of those powers.

The powered armor suits are multi-slot magic items with their own suits of encounter powers that draw from a pool of charges plus an at will unique to each.

* 'magic' being split into groups of items that are magical, mastercraft and scientific.

Remove ads