Marvel to Launch Official 'MARVEL MULTIVERSE' Tabletop Role-Playing Game in 2022

Matt Forbeck announced on Twitter that he’s working on a new in-house D616 Marvel RPG due for a 2022 release! It looks like there will be an open playtest.

20325EE8-0395-467B-8DF9-DE1D6E32469F.jpeg

What’s the D617 System? “… the all-new D616 System, an accessible and easy-to-learn system for newcomers to tabletop RPGs and a natural evolution for those familiar with the most popular tabletop role-playing games on the market. Use Might, Agility, Resilience, Vigilance, Ego, and Logic to win the day, and discover your true abilities as you face impossible odds!”

Last edited by a moderator:

I can only hope that the base mechanic somehow involves rolling a d6 and a d16.

Marvel comics are a great property for an RPG. Back in the day TSR got so many books out of just keeping up with the comics.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
It's also interesting to see they're going the PF2 route of selling a physical playtest book.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Forbeck is a great choice for this. Brave New World was highly regarded in its time.

My biggest concern right now is whether they want to wed themselves to a Thor design that is not sticking around. (Yeesh, it's so bad.)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Biggest movie franchise in the world! This is going to be very interesting to watch.
I'm interested to see whether this is aimed at an audience that primarily knows Marvel from their media properties, or the more hardcore comic book readers. I'm expecting (and hoping) for the former, with some Easter eggs and deep cuts for the latter.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases