• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Mashing up Lost Mine of Phandelver, Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Grimm's Fairytales!

Daern

Explorer
Mashing up Lost Mine of Phandelver, Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Grimm's Fairytales!
I've been running a D&DV game by email since July with some old friends. I've been using these great Grimm's Fairytales inspired modules for Dungeon Crawl Classics by Daniel Bishop, "Prince Charming, Re-animator" and "Creeping Beauties". I've been converting on the fly
It's basically been a hex-crawl in a zombie infested fairy forest. Last night we got together in person.
The group found and slew the zombie horror version of Sleeping Beauty!
In between the two modules the party had explored the town of Thundertree from the Starter Set and met the green dragon there. I threw down a lot of flavor text and they ended up offering their services to the dragon, who directed them to the undead horror they were searching for. Little did they know Sleeping Beauty's lair was until recently the dragon's lair!
They found heaps of treasure, a massive statue to Tiamat and a couple of dragon scales, but thought nothing of it.
Returning to town to claim their reward from the Duke they discovered it to be under attack from an angry dragon!
They played smart and gave up all their treasure immediately and so were spared.
Next up, Hoard of the Dragon Queen...
I'm thinking the Cult will be a bit more like spies of a Warhammer Chaos Army. Beastmen instead of half-dragons. Skaven instead of kobolds.

Last edited:

Nellisir

Hero
I'm guessing you cut and pasted this from somewhere? The second button on the top line, the two "A"s with a red "X", removes existing formatting.

White text is impossible for people with the white EN World background to read. I spent awhile wondering how you'd managed to post absolutely nothing.

Remove ads