Media [Masks: A New Generation] Monthly Masks: The Outcasts

MalyNym

Villager
0MasksPromo1NightshadedGlazedWatermark.jpg

Art by TheArtsyGoob: The Artsy Goob's Sites

Monthly Masks: The Outcasts is a live play using the Masks: A New Generation ruleset. As the title suggests, it will be a once a month game, streamed on Twitch, then uploaded to YouTube.

Let's meet the team!

Lady Belvoir as
1CVALKIndividualCharactersPromo.jpg

The Artsy Goob as
2GREMLINIndividualCharactersPromo.jpg

Zom Danni as
3ELARAIndividualCharactersPromo.jpg

Ruby the Lazy Goblin as
4LDARKIndividualCharactersPromo.jpg

The Gremlin's bio raises an interesting point. In a supers setting, does suddenly gaining powers or having your roomie turn out to be a supervillain or being kidnapped by alien spacegods get schools to cut you some slack the way real-world traumas generally do, or does the fact that those sort of things happen so often act to reduce the level of sympathy you get?

"Young man-thing, if I gave every student a chance to re-take their final exam just because they were out saving the world I'd never get done grading these tests. No excuses. Real heroes find a way to meet their responsibilities while dealing with unexpected crises."

MalyNym

Villager
The Gremlin's bio raises an interesting point. In a supers setting, does suddenly gaining powers or having your roomie turn out to be a supervillain or being kidnapped by alien spacegods get schools to cut you some slack the way real-world traumas generally do, or does the fact that those sort of things happen so often act to reduce the level of sympathy you get?

"Young man-thing, if I gave every student a chance to re-take their final exam just because they were out saving the world I'd never get done grading these tests. No excuses. Real heroes find a way to meet their responsibilities while dealing with unexpected crises."
Ha, you bring up a good point. Will have to think about that XD

Ha, you bring up a good point. Will have to think about that XD
An origin story where your roomie secretly lets a bunch of radioactive centipedes loose in your dorm room to give you superpowers and get himself a guaranteed pass for the semester thanks to the "sudden trauma clause" would be amusing. The narrative demands it has to backfire and get him bitten too, giving you a rival right from word one - as if the adult villain the Mighty Millipede* wasn't nemesis enough already since he thinks you're ripping off his schtick. :)

*The Millipede debuted in Crime Exterminator #47 in the classic story "Evil Walks On A Thousand Feet" - your editor

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases