Masks of Nyarlathotep: OOC [CoC d20]

Douane

First Post
Spanish roots, hmmm? ... Might have to retract my friendly words then. (Just kidding! :] )

I've some ancestors coming from Spain, but that's been 400 years ago. :)

BTW, hopefully Anthony didn't step too hard on Corso Balboa's toes. After finishing the character I saw there was indeed a pre-done template for the skill choices I had wanted - the Antiquarian. :\ Never thought to check that as I didn't really connect this particular skill selection with an Antiquarian.

Douane

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
But, question is, does that enable you to purchase languages at 1 point per language? And if so, would NOT taking the skill as a class skill still allow 2 point per language?
First sentence: I'm rather sure that this is the case (and I built my PC around this).

Amendment: After reverse-engineering the sample characters provided in the CoC D20 book, I will now definetely say "Yes.".

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
PI License

Was doing some surfing, found something interesting. Take a look at the PI License available in the 1920's.

Attachments

• PILicense.JPG
    PILicense.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 75

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Douane said:
Niiice! (I always love historical docs. :) )

But will he even be allowed to operate in New York?

I would think yes, as that was just to show that there are locations that provide for licenses for his job. That being said, and the growth of New York at that time, there would most certainly be a location in New York to acquire said license. Up to DM though... Gomez?

Douane

First Post
Interesting. I asked because a number of the pulpy detective novels I read focused on PI licences not being valid outside of the county/state they were issued in.

Hrothgar

First Post
Hey there everyone, Gomez

Character added to the rogues gallery, but I still need to get equipment lined up. I'll get that done tonight. Thanks for the d20 CoC generator, Ivid - that saved me a lot of time.

I think Newt will make a good addition to the group with his background skills. Although, it looks like he is the only one not carrying a firearm! :heh:

Douane

First Post
Hrothgar said:
[...]I think Newt will make a good addition to the group with his background skills. Although, it looks like he is the only one not carrying a firearm! :heh:

Not the only one!

Anthony may possess a gun, but he usually doesn't carry it. He works at the Met, after all. (Ifigured being a manic nihilist was already enough and decided to not add paranoia to his slate.) :)

Gomez

First Post
Nice characters people! :)

Just waiting Ivid's character now.

I will take a fine tooth comb and look over your characters. ;)

Might have to wait until next week - as I said, I can email you the stats already,
just not take the time to layout it for the RG here. :\ Important exams next Wednesday...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads