D&D 4E Masters of Blade Magic: A Swordmage Handbook (By Herid_Fel)

Shawna Logue

First Post
Thread necro because I was building a character for a 4th edition game and came across this gem again: I used to use it a lot and have a fondness for it, but didn't have anything useful to post back then. I've gotten better at builds since, so I occasionally notice things even good build guides miss. That wasn't true at all when the thread was posted.

As for 5e, I wasn't referencing 5e and I don't believe the guide I was replying to does either. What was it that I wrote gave the impression I was discussing 5e? Or are you saying I misposted and put my post somewhere other than as a response to "Masters of Blade Magic?" If the former, check your info and you'll see my OP is all 4e references. If the latter, I'm happy to be advised as to how to move the reply to the correct forum.

s for 5e, I wasn't referencing 5e and I don't believe the guide I was replying to does either. What was it that I wrote gave the impression I was discussing 5e? Or are you saying I misposted and put my post somewhere other than as a response to "Masters of Blade Magic?" If the former, check your info and you'll see my OP is all 4e references. If the latter, I'm happy to be advised as to how to move the reply to the correct forum.
Pretty sure neither: he was pointing out that the OP had posted his guide in the wrong forum and so your comment would probably be received better if it went on a thread in the 4e forum.

Yaarel

He Mage
The 4e Swordmage is an awesome concept and class, a melee full caster.

I miss it in 5e.

@Sword of Spirit created his Warrior-Mage class for 5e. It reminds me of the Swordmage.

He seems to have discovered, because 5e spells are balanced, it is possible for a Wizard to be competent in melee. He was trying to get the old school Elf Fighter/Magic-User to work. It turns out, it works awesome as a single class, a full caster Wizard with a Fighter ‘tradition’.

In some ways, I like the Warrior-Mage better. It can use any weapon that a Fighter can, including unarmed combat. And it taps into the old school D&D nostalgia.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Pretty sure neither: he was pointing out that the OP had posted his guide in the wrong forum and so your comment would probably be received better if it went on a thread in the 4e forum.
If you dig deep enough, there are a whole lot of threads in this forum that technically don't belong here. It's not entirely clear how they got here, but I don't think they were in the wrong forum when they were first created. They've just somehow ended up here. The great crash from last year might have had something to do with it.

Remove ads