• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle OOC (Full)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Four players, four classic slots to fill...

What should I be? A powerful Nature's Warrior Druid? A Radiant Servant of Pelor? A versetile Exemplar? Or a useful Dungeon Delver? Perhaps a radiant Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil? Or maybe I could persuade the DM to let me use some of my homebrew prestige classes to become a Bondblade warrior, or a destructive Acid Lord mage? Maybe I could try out a warlock, and use my powers for the good? Or perhaps I could be an exalted Celestial Mystic.

What is everyone else thinking of being?

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Character Creation Guidelines

1. Sources Allowed...As stated previously, anything WoTC published is fair game. Material published by other 3rd-party developers will also be fair game, but subject to approval (some that I generally trust include Malhavoc, Green Ronin, Necromancer, Goodman). In any case, please provide references for all material that comes from any source other than the three Core Rulebooks. I may ask for more specific detail if I don't have access to the references cited. If you have an idea, and are in doubt as to whether it will be permissible, just ask.

2. Ability Scores....32 point buy at first level, then modified for race. Then, add in the three additional points for 4th, 8th, 12th level respectively.

3. Hit Points....Maximum at first level. Thereafter, Half a hit die plus 2 (for d8HD or larger), or half a hit die plus 1 (for d6HD or smaller). In all cases, add CON bonuses as normal.

4. Equipment and Wealth....Total of all posessions, magical and mundane, to be worth not more than 88,000 gp, per the DMG. No more than a quarter of that value (22,000 gp) to be invested in any single item (unless you can persuade me with a very good reason). If anyone wants to create magical items, the gp cost of said creation must come from the 88,000 total.

5. Experience...Starting xp will be 72,000. The extra 6,000 xp may be used to pay for magic item creation if you so wish. No character is allowed to start with less than 66,000 xp (the minimum required for 12th level).

6. For multi-class characters, please remember to include the order in which he/she advanced levels (important for skill point allocation, hit point totals, etc.)

Need anything else? Just give a shout!
Heinz

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Cool! The soulknife a fight-ey type, so that leaves a sneaky-type, an arcane caster and a divine caster.

I'm playing a rogue in another game, so I'd like to go for one of the others. How about a sorcerer? Krauss, are you OK with the Draconic feats in Complete Arcane?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmmm, I have questions... I'm considering a Radiant Servant of Pelor, but I also have a PrC that I made in a similar but different vein, called the Forbiddance of the Divine. Obviously I need DM approval before taking that, however. ;)

My other option might be for a dungeon delver. Of doom. :p

Krauss von Espy

First Post
JimAde said:
Cool! The soulknife a fight-ey type, so that leaves a sneaky-type, an arcane caster and a divine caster.

I'm playing a rogue in another game, so I'd like to go for one of the others. How about a sorcerer? Krauss, are you OK with the Draconic feats in Complete Arcane?

I don't own CArc, but I presume they would be okay. Throw me some details, JimAde.

Krauss von Espy

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Hmmm, I have questions... I'm considering a Radiant Servant of Pelor, but I also have a PrC that I made in a similar but different vein, called the Forbiddance of the Divine. Obviously I need DM approval before taking that, however. ;)

My other option might be for a dungeon delver. Of doom. :p

Sorry, Isida, but I'm most comfortable sticking to published sources. This is just because I assume those to have been play-tested to work out balance problems, etc. It doesn't mean I see any problems with your creation.

Your other options look like good choices, though. Especially the Radiant Servant (which would leave Insight as taking on the Sneaky Role).

-Heinz

JimAde

First Post
Krauss von Espy said:
I don't own CArc, but I presume they would be okay. Throw me some details, JimAde.
I'm at work so don't have the books. They basically give you dragon-based abilities (mostly combat) like natural armor, energy resistance, a minor breath weapon, etc. I will almost certainly be using a prestige class from the same book (though I don't know which one) since taking straight sorcerer levels just HURTS. :) I will work on the character tonight and post more info and questions then.

Since I don't know Greyhawk well, the character's background will be pretty generic but I'll try to make it at least somewhat interesting. As a sorcerer I'll have a big charisma and may end up taking the Leadership feat if that's OK with you (haven't decided yet). If I do that, do you want me to write up my cohort as well, or would you prefer to do it?

I'm really looking forward to this. Should be fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads