MCDM RPG Backer kit signup is live.

mamba

Legend
I always wonder how companies decide this stuff. Especially for folks like MCDM, who've done this repeatedly, I assume there's a method to the madness, but I can't figure out what it would be in this case.
I assume it is a bit of deciding which is worse, the impact of a later start date or the impact from starting during the holiday season.

MCDM probably has some built in audience that limits the risk

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I assume it is a bit of deciding which is worse, the impact of a later start date or the impact from starting during the holiday season.

MCDM probably has some built in audience that limits the risk
I wonder how much of their audience will stick around for the switch from D&D to this. There’s 2720 people signed up as of now. Flee Mortals has 27,009 backers.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Meant to type this here, not the class YT thread.....but James has stated, and reiterated, there will be NO preview in the KS. Also sound like Patron will still be the playtesters, not KS backers....They just aren't far enough along in development to do a preview.

I find this an odd decision.....but he also said that they NEED to do the KS now (cash flow?). He also acknowledged that December might not be ideal, but he's not worried.

They have plenty of super fans to break a million....no doubt....but I, for one, am very hesitant to back a game w/o seeing the rules.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Meant to type this here, not the class YT thread.....but James has stated, and reiterated, there will be NO preview in the KS. Also sound like Patron will still be the playtesters, not KS backers....They just aren't far enough along in development to do a preview.

I find this an odd decision.....but he also said that they NEED to do the KS now (cash flow?). He also acknowledged that December might not be ideal, but he's not worried.

They have plenty of super fans to break a million....no doubt....but I, for one, am very hesitant to back a game w/o seeing the rules.
I think they're viewing their Patreon members as their core audience for this one, and this is just a way of getting an infusion of cash from them to fund this book.

Remove ads