D&D 5E MCDM Where Evil Lives launching on Backerkit.

darjr

I crit!
I believe there is a digital version preview available for Flee, Mortals! backers.

"Where Evil Lives" - The MCDM Book of Boss Battles for 5E Tabletop Games
Launches on Aug 1, 2023 @ 8:00am CDT
Game prep just got easier, and game night just got a whole lot more fun. Get 22 drop-in dungeons with dynamic combat encounters for 5e!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I believe there is a digital version preview available for Flee, Mortals! backers.

"Where Evil Lives" - The MCDM Book of Boss Battles for 5E Tabletop Games
Launches on Aug 1, 2023 @ 8:00am CDT
Game prep just got easier, and game night just got a whole lot more fun. Get 22 drop-in dungeons with dynamic combat encounters for 5e!
Cool. From the way Matt was talking in January and just after it sounded like MCDM was done with 5E. Here’s to hoping they bring back / continue Arcadia.

mamba

Legend
Cool. From the way Matt was talking in January and just after it sounded like MCDM was done with 5E. Here’s to hoping they bring back / continue Arcadia.
This is part of the Flee Mortals kickstarter, so I would not take this as an indication of anything. Apart from that I agree, would be nice if he kept producing for 5e as well / kept Arcadia going.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Given that pretty much everyone in the RPG market feels the economic need to produce at least a little bit of 5E stuff, it would be surprising if this was the last 5E product that MCDM ever put out.

Given that pretty much everyone in the RPG market feels the economic need to produce at least a little bit of 5E stuff, it would be surprising if this was the last 5E product that MCDM ever put out.
They are producing there own system and if that ends up being successful, I could see them transitioning almost completely to that system

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
They are producing three own system and if that ends up being successful, I could see them transitioning almost completely to that system
I'm aware.

But a lot of companies have their own systems and, even after putting out works in that system, felt the need to still have 5E output, perhaps as a secondary source of revenue.

In fact, it would be easier to list fantasy RPG publishers who don't also do 5E content than to list all the ones who do.

Beyond finishing up Flee Mortals and its companion book, they seem to still be working on their revised Illrigger class and the Talent, their psion/FF Blue Mage class. After that, the plan seems to be full steam ahead on their new system.

Arcadia was still going strong through last month at least - most recent issue on the MCDM store is June 2023 - but I'm admittedly not up to date on what the status or plans are for that project.

Remove ads