MD, Germantown 3.5e D&D Group

I DM a 3.5e D&D Forgotten Realms game (with toned-down magic levels) in Germantown, MD (close to Washington DC) and we could use a few more good players.

There are currently four of us, and a fifth has recently expressed an interest. We're all professionals in our late 20's to mid 30's. We play approx. twice per month on Saturday evenings, but the day/time is flexible depending on everyone's availability.

The game is pretty laid back, with a good mix of roleplaying, combat, mystery, and political intrigue. It's a city-based campaign running in Waterdeep (toned down magic levels) and currently the characters are 3rd-4th level. The campaign stresses teamwork, working as a group of friends - no evil characters are allowed and inter-party conflict is frowned on, and just basically have a ton of fun. We take the game seriously, but not too seriously, and there's a lot of joking and eating wayyyy too much junk food. =P

None of us are rules lawyers or power gamers, though we do like competent characters, they just aren't maxed out or use every expansion book out there. We also refrain from shoving dice up our nose. Don't ask....

I have a website with session notes and house rules at http://www.geocities.com/dmsteve2002. As I mentioned before, the magic levels are toned down from a typical Forgotten Realms campaign, and I limit a few spells to make things a bit more challenging, such as fly and invis. They're available, just rare. Why, you ask? =) Well, those spells are cool - and as I said they're available just very rare - I'm very inspired by Tolkien, Conan, Elric, Fafhrd & the Gray Mouser type of stories, where none of the heroes could do those things. If they could have, the stories would have been very different. It makes for a more interesting game, in my opinion. So far, everyone has been cool with it. I prefer to use a limited number of expansion books - the ones I use are listed on the site. I'm willing to consider some new material, provided it doesn't unbalance the campaign or make a character unfairly powerful in comparison to the others, IMO.

Drop me a note if you're interested!

Thx,

DMSteve (sj2005@comcast.net)

Remove ads