Mecha vs Kaiju: A Sci-Fi Anime RPG for Fate Core

MvKavatarKs.jpg

Mecha vs Kaiju
is an anime-inspired tabletop science fiction RPG, where Japan fights against the constant assaults of giant monsters by harnessing the power of mighty robots. Game players take the role of daring pilots, who pit their mecha machines against the unstoppable kaiju monsters. In between battles, they must uncover a secret ninja conspiracy that dates back to the creation of the world.

My name is Johnathan Wright, and I first brought “Mecha vs Kaiju” to the True20 system in 2008. Now I'm funding the layout and printing of a new Fate Core edition on Kickstarter.

This link takes you to the Kickstarter page, where there are samples of the detailed setting and the new rules I've written, including anime archetypes for character creation, and of course a mecha and kaiju creation system that you can customize to be as easy or detailed as you want.

MvK is a labor of love. I used to scan the UHF channels on Saturdays hoping to catch a Godzilla flick. And the advent of "Star Blazers", "Robotech", and "Captain Harlock" showed me that anime could be exciting and tell compelling stories at the same time. That's what I'm hoping to bring to your table.

The Mecha vs Kaiju Kickstarter launched on Saturday Feb. 8th and is already 42% funded (an auspicious number!). It runs until Sunday May 9th. Please feel free to ask any questions you want. If you are interested I could also share some sneak peaks of the new rules I'm adding.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases