Mechamancy

JoeGKushner

First Post
With the initative bonus, should it have a bonus feat or something? Judging from John's criticism of EN's Steambook's stats being off, 'fudging' doesn't seem like the way to go.

On the AC, shouldn't it actually be higher as the thing has a high dex? The armor class should also be broken down AC 18 (+4 natural, +4 dex).

The question about BAB and Grapple is in reference to 3.5 material. Almost all monsters now have a BAB/Grapple section, an Attack Section, and a typical Full Attack section.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Fuding will always offend someone. I am willing to readjust much of the material in the book. However, so much of it is new rules and goes into new territory, that a little fudhing, while not really inevitable is a useful tool in some places. This little living machine is only supposed to be on par with an imp or quasit or homanuc in terms of power.

tensen

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
Initiative: +4 (Where is this coming from? Feat? Dex?)

That is me fudging it slightly because this is an living machine outsider, and a small and quick one at that.
Fudging like that is bad. If Living Machine Outsider provides a +4 initiative, then you should have a template of what exactly that provides. The Special Ability line of the statblock should include (Modified Initiative or Enhanced Initiative or whatever you want to call it.. or better yet, just Improved Initiative... Which then makes this:
Initiative: +4 (+4 Improved Initiative)

And then most folks are happy.

The Grumpy Celt said:
AC: 11 (Where is this coming from? What's the Flat Footed? What's Touch)

All fantastic machines, both the living karakuri – a term I borrowed from Anime – and the non-living machines, automatically possess an armor class bonus based on the materials they are made of.

So even flatfooted it has a better AC than a human because it is made of polytyrine, not malleable flesh.

So, that sounds like natural armor.
Hence...
AC: 11 (+1 natural armor), Touch 10, Flat-footed 11

The Grumpy Celt said:
Attacks: Laser blast (Grapple/BAB?)

My bad. That should read “Laser blast, rending, constriction”

Any other questions? About Mechamancy, I mean. Don’t ask me where babies come from…

…no one will tell me. ;)
That one sounds even worse. How about
Attacks: Laser blast +0 ranged (1dx+x)
But your still still have a Grapple/BAB listed there.

It really sets off a bad note by displaying things that are distinctly not following 3.5 design.

Remove ads