• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Medallions d20 Modern (Update Wednesday 09-20-06)

Just a lurker checking in. How incredibly redundant to say, "Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!" and then, "More, More, More!" and then "Spiders are SO SEXY!"

............. kay, maybe that last one was new.:heh:

In all seriousness, This has been an incredibly inspiring read. Well done to all involved and I second the notion that Drew should bring his talent to a wider audience (and make the big bucks.) I have to say I'm glad I read this after posting my own SH, since had I read it before, I would never have had the nerve.

Can't wait for more.

Paxr0mana

First Post
My God.. It's Full of Stars...

I have been reading this thread for a week now, and have just finished all the current episodes. I would like to congratulate Drew all of his players for being THE GREATEST GROUP IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

All of you have put your hearts into your characters, and it really shows. Every word that you speak in character adds to the story, and keeps the action moving.

My jaw dropped several times while reading this, especially during the action sequences, which flowed in a very natural way. Another piece that caught my eye was the flawless conversations you guys pull off. Seriously, I felt like I was watching a movie while reading this.

I am in awe of your group, and eagerly await the next installment.

Taylor I shall be missed.

Last edited:

Paxr0mana

First Post
A few questions.

I have a couple of questions about your group Drew

1. What is the age range of your players?
2. What is the average length of a gaming session that you run?
3. What episode of Medallions are you currently running?

I am looking forward to a reply and some more Medallions!

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Pierce

First Post
Paxr0mana said:
I have a couple of questions about your group Drew

1. What is the age range of your players?
2. What is the average length of a gaming session that you run?
3. What episode of Medallions are you currently running?

I am looking forward to a reply and some more Medallions!

Keep up the good work!

I'll field this one.

1. Late 20s to early 30s.
2. Well, we've got two measurements: session and episode. A session is one night's play (we have a weekly game) and usually runs 5-6 hours. An episode is a story arc and runs anywhere from 3 sessions to 7 or more. So doing the math .... (and carry the one) .... 15-42+ hours of game play per episode.
3. We're currently barrelling towards the climax of Episode 9 :)eek:!!) entitled Skins.

Paxr0mana

First Post
Pierce said:
I'll field this one.

1. Late 20s to early 30s.
2. Well, we've got two measurements: session and episode. A session is one night's play (we have a weekly game) and usually runs 5-6 hours. An episode is a story arc and runs anywhere from 3 sessions to 7 or more. So doing the math .... (and carry the one) .... 15-42+ hours of game play per episode.
3. We're currently barrelling towards the climax of Episode 9 :)eek:!!) entitled Skins.

Oh man, 5-6 hour games? Every WEEK?? I would kill to enable my gaming group to do that. Although, considering that we are all still in high school, and have lives, I suppose there is a good reason for us not coming together as often as we could.

Skins...that doesn't bode well.

Thanks Pierce for the prompt reply.

Puppy Kicker

First Post
It sounds like a fun group! While we're in this Q&A session, do you record all the games while you're playing with the tape recorder or does Old Drew just have a photographic memory for all those fantastic quotes?

I've been thinking of hiring one of those courtroom stenographers to sit with us and type for a few hours while we game so I don't miss any clever and memorable moments. (OK, by thinking I mean "wouldn't that be funny if..." once.)

Also, did the group start out this witty or has it been a long time getting comfortable with each other before they good RPing really started?

Pierce

First Post
Paxr0mana said:
Oh man, 5-6 hour games? Every WEEK?? I would kill to enable my gaming group to do that. Although, considering that we are all still in high school, and have lives, I suppose there is a good reason for us not coming together as often as we could.

Yep. We're old men with no life. You whippersnapper! :p

Funny tho, just last night my wife ribbed me along those same lines. I mentioned that we used to play most weekends in middle and high school. She said something along the lines of "until you got a car and a life." Ouch, honey! Of course, that's pretty much spot on.

Puppy Kicker said:
It sounds like a fun group! While we're in this Q&A session, do you record all the games while you're playing with the tape recorder or does Old Drew just have a photographic memory for all those fantastic quotes?

We began taping with Episode 2, though many of the quotes in Episode 1 were straight from the table. That said, DrewId has an excellent memory for how combats ran. Good thing, since it's hard to tape combat. Since we tend to go crazy with the minis and terrain, combats come across on tape as "Ok, I move here and shoot that guy." (Me transcribing three months later: Wait, wait - where and what guy?!? Argh!!)

Puppy Kicker said:
I've been thinking of hiring one of those courtroom stenographers to sit with us and type for a few hours while we game so I don't miss any clever and memorable moments. (OK, by thinking I mean "wouldn't that be funny if..." once.)

Ya, that'd be nice (if a bit weird - "Ms. Weathers, please read back that last section." "Ahem- 'I'm gonna split some wigs. Yo.'" "Thank you, Ms. Weathers"). As it is, I transcribe the tapes and pass the transcriptions along to DrewId. It's pretty gruelling, but the end result is satisfying. I've considered trying to automate the process using some kind of voice recognition software, but haven't gotten motivated enough to do so yet.

Puppy Kicker said:
Also, did the group start out this witty or has it been a long time getting comfortable with each other before they good RPing really started?

Both. :)

Actually, DrewId, ledded and I have worked together on and off over the past ten years and were good friends before we started playing. Flu & Eyas have known each other since college. Then Flu & DrewId worked together for a year or so. And that's how we became the Brady Bunch. (Altogether now!)

We've been playing now for just over 4 years and while someone misses every now and then (work, vacation, car wrecks, etc.), I think we've only ever cancelled a session two or three times. If memory serves, those were around the holidays and it wasn't possible to reach a quorum.

Next?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads