• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Medical Transcription and working from home

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Here are the jobs requirements posted for a transcirption job at the hospital I work at:

Job Details: High School or Equivalent
DUTIES: Position will transcribe medical reports from physician dictation recording. Transcription occurs using personal computer and Softmed or IDX transcription software. Reports to be transcribed include Radiology, history and physicals, Emergency Department, Discharge Summaries, and Operative Notes that will be filed in the patient's medical record.

EXPERIENCE: Fluent in Medical terminology and Anatomy terms. Two years of experience with Microsoft Word and a minimum of one year experience working as a medical transcriptionist.

TESTING: Transcription testing

SKILLS: A successful candidate will be a good typist, (focus on the work that we need to get done today) as each days work activities may be different, and works with other shift employees as a team.
Note: No actual degree is listed, but Medical Terminology is very important. Some tech schools offer classes, but sometimes the hospitals/employeers offer the training as well.

Also, Hospitals, like other businesses, change models from time to time. We've switched between In Department, At Home, and Outsourced Transcriptionists at different times. Currently, we're looking at Voice Recognition software.

Good Luck!

Harmon

First Post
Just cause I am hoping someone that works from home will pipe in and talk about a job that I can do in my free time while tending to my little girl.

I would rather not have to put her in day care, go back to work and not know my daughter in ten years, or worse yet, her not care about us.

Can someone point to something, that isn't a con, or some BS thing that I (and others) can do while tending to our next generation?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads