• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Medieval Trivia Questions

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
..2. Padding *. Why do people always forget about padding. Due to simple physics of energy distribution, putting a full plate or mail on yourself doesn't really do anything, you need padding underneath it. Said padding, after 40 minutes of fighting (and note, that battles in medieval usually took at least several hours) is soaking with your sweat...

This right here is another huge factor. Simply from the amount of sweating one does, one really doesn't need to urinate nearly as often as normal. I kind of equate wearing the padding (gambeson) to wearing chem gear. Even in 50 degree weather, I would sweat like crazy inside chem gear (even without wearing a chem mask, just boots, pants and jacket). Even keeping myself hydrated, I mostly just sweated everything out and rarely needed to go to the bathroom. But, I can see dropping a deuce while wearing armor as a little more problematic.:blush:

A

amerigoV

One of my first divemasters (a cute young lady) once said:

"There are two types of divers - those that pee while wearing their wetsuit, and those that lie about it."

I suspect the answer is the same with armor.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Was watching a bit of TV today and my daughter (age 3) had a question for me: "Daddy, how do people in armor pee?" (ok, not an exact quote, but, close enough).

I actually don't have an answer. Anyone know? How do you pee in plate mail without winding up with rusting issues?
The protective cup (if any) is just one of the many parts of the plate. It is held by straps of leather to other parts of the armor. You can take it off, lift your chainmail, and have a pee. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads