• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Memories and Portents Chapter#1: A Dark and Stormy Knight

SecondTime

First Post
Final Bump for nightbreeze. It looks we are suffering a bit of player attrition, so tommorow night I will begin automating this combat based on past player actions. Those who still follow this game feel free to provide your input. Those who are still with me will recieve extra xp and can follow me into the next chapter.

Asmor

First Post
OOC: I'm still here and check ENWorld at least once a day, usually more often... Just nothing to add at this point.

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: Khyl and Canis will of course take AoO if the Zombie decides to get up.
Canis will always attempt his free Trip with every attack and AoO.

SecondTime

First Post
The zombie, prone, attempts to rise, its armor scraping against the floor. It is meet by Kaine's dagger, Khyl's scimitar, and Canis' fangs, tearing away more decaying flesh. Canis is able to force the zombie back to the ground. The zombie continously rises, but the wolf continuously forces it down as blades and teeth continue its work. As the wounds on the already dead flesh multiplies, a dark blue light, as oppossed to blood, appears, until a brilliant flash, coinciding with a long, horrible moan, erupts from the zombie; a strong clap of thunder shakes the foundations of the tower. When the light subsides, the corpse is now still...

Out of Initiative. Kaine, Khyl, Arden, and Antonus each recieve 150xp. The weapons of the deceased bugbear appears to be useless. However, on the block on which the corpse rested when the party entered, a dusty but finely made scimitar rests. A series of strange marks are grooved into the blade.

Khyl: You recognize the marks as being of the secret druidic script. You translate the message as 'Purify the Aberrant'. The craftsmanship is excellent (masterwork scimitar).

After the action subsides, you hear a voice yelling from the bottom of the staircase...."Gods! Hail, friends, is it clear!!!?" It is Dondel Bresh, the caravan leader, and you can hear many other tired desperate voices behind him.

Adventure over. Everyone recieves 100xp, for a total of 500xp for Kaine, Khyl, Arden, and Antonus for this adventure. Once you get all the treasure you discovered in the tower appraised by a grateful merchant in the caravan, the party now knows it is in the possession of 1) a translators ring, which allows the wearer to comprehend goblinoid and undercommon (Price: 200gp), 2) a Headband of Stout Heart which grants the wearer a +1 resistance bonus on will saves (Price: 350gp), 3) A lifting belt, which provides a +1 enhancement bonus on strength checks to determine carrrying capacity (Price: 500gp), 4) a 0-level Pearl of Power (Price: 500gp), 5) two pears (worth 100gp), 6) and 175gp. You can find buyers for these items in the caravan. You will also be able to make purchases with a gp limit of 500gp while in the caravan.

It will be a week ingame before you reach New Cyre, so feel free to let me know what you are doing. I welcome plot hooks, so please make up any details about the caravan or happenings that you can dream up. I will post the beginning of the next chapter opening sometime in the next week in the OOC thread here:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=183129

Congrats, and look forward to more!!!

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Without asking Khyl takes the scimitar. As a druid's weapon it was meant to be wielded by a Druid. he thinks to himself and gives a couple practice swings with it in wide eyed reverence.

Enforcer

Explorer
After resting the night in the tower, Kaine politely asks Khyl for healing, if available. If not he'll tend to his wounds as best as he can (Heal check with 0 ranks, resting in a wagon that I'm sure a grateful merchant will make some room for him in).

The monk/agent of the Brelish Crown also goes over the day's events in his head, filing away the following pertinent information:
-Mr. Copper wants to waylay Cyran refugees
-Darax is a bandit leader in the area
-Kaine has not received any instructions from his handlers in some time

Kaine will politely inquire as to a fair share of the loot for his efforts, and in the unlikely event that one of the merchants sells kamas, he'll buy two. Otherwise Kaine will reserve his coin for when he truly needs it.

SecondTime

First Post
Members of the healers guild are present in the caravan, and offer their services to everyone in the party without charge once they see the pains it went through to secure shelter. They specifically offer to heal Antonus and Kaine's wounds.

hero4hire

Explorer
SecondTime said:
Members of the healers guild are present in the caravan, and offer their services to everyone in the party without charge once they see the pains it went through to secure shelter. They specifically offer to heal Antonus and Kaine's wounds.

OOC: Yeah unfortunately Khyl was out of 1st level spells, and I think he blew his cure minors but I can recall now. Good to have Jorasco here then.

SecondTime

First Post
OOC: Just want to let my current players know that I will be re-recruiting a couple more players to fill out the party before the next chapter begins, hopefully this weekend. Feel free to continue the roleplay in this thread until then. I'll will post the next chapter link in both this thread and the ooc thread, so look out for it. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads