• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Memories and Portents Chapter#1: A Dark and Stormy Knight

Paper_Bard

First Post
Xerxes eyes glow a fiercer yellow as he speaks.
"Whatever course of action you decide to make 'twould be a good idea to place thine carcass behind me. That way, should a foul beast decideth to devour you, 'twill have to go through me first. This makes the most sense, seeing as how I am the most capable fighter of this roughly put-together band. Twould be woe indeed if whatever inhabits these ruins were to get a hold of your weak flesh."

Enforcer

Explorer
Kaine makes a mental note of the Warforged's self-expressed battle prowess.

Adamantine model, likely proficient in its several weapons. One blow from it would likely mean death, but its slow speed will be an advantage. Logical course would be to attack from range, with stealth. Wear it down, use a ki-powered strike to disorient, then destroy. Crystals embedded in its body likely serve a function other than design, be wary of hidden abilities, Kaine thinks, then looks from the adamantine soldier to his hands.

Also, continue hand-toughening exercises.

Kaine surveys the rest of his new companions with the same matter-of-fact, emotionless threat assessment, paying particular attention to anyone with non-Brelish inflections of speech.

[sblock=OOC]What are everyone's national allegiances anyways?[/sblock]

SecondTime

First Post
Default Formation:

AK

X
SG
ArKa

Based on statements given and common sense give your classes. I'll update again tonight after Hero posts.

Last edited:

SecondTime

First Post
The entry door is heavy, but swings open easily. The chamber beyond stands before you as a pool of darkness, the room being completly unlit.

OOC: We'll let hero guard the entrance if he doesn't post by sometime early tonight. As a rule of thumb, I will give players two days to reply before i move on and find some way to occupy their character until they return.

Nightbreeze

First Post
"That dim light may be not enough for our needs, my huge adamantine friend...hmm and what are those strange incisions...they look like...hmm..." - the old man starts examinig the massive body of the warforged without touching him. He seems very interested in the shining crystals and how do they work.

hero4hire

Explorer
Nightbreeze said:
"That dim light may be not enough for our needs, my huge adamantine friend...hmm and what are those strange incisions...they look like...hmm..." - the old man starts examinig the massive body of the warforged without touching him. He seems very interested in the shining crystals and how do they work.

Khyl picks up a bit of rock off of the ground and then speaks a word in an ancient tongue while blowing on the rock. Like a the coal of a burnt out fire a light from within begins to kindle, growing brighter and brighter with each breath until it's radience equalled that of any torchlight. He tossed it to Gregorius who found it cool to the touch.
"Ten Minutes of Light...No more." he announced. He then moved toward the front of the group, Canis was in tow as if there was an invisible leash attached to the wolf. He regarded Antonus for a moment before speaking.
"Our senses are most likely more acute then yours, but Canis and I have little experience with scouting out structures and the like. Hopefully our skills will....compliment eachother."

OOC: Cast Light on a rock give it to Gregorius and take my place up front.

SecondTime

First Post
Antonious and Kyle lead the party out of the storm and into the still darkness, their way illuminated by the mystical energy emenating out of the stone held by Gregorious. The stone chamber beyond the entrance measures at least ten paces square. Peeling paint and broken scrollwork suggest that it was onces decorated with some care, but now only dust remains. Three massive stone doors - one each to the left and right and one directly across from the entrance - lead deeper into the structure.

The sound of hissing rain, pouding hail, and howling wind from outside is interrupted only by the occasional loud crack of thunder. Still, this room seems stable enough for the most part. Even when the thunder seems to shak the very ground, not so much as a mote of dust filters down from the ceiling. The doors leading inot the building, however do show signs of weakness, seeming to tremble with every thunderclap.

Suddenly, in conjunction with a particulalry loud thunderclap, all three doors break open at once, falling from their doorways into the room with a great cacophony. Seconds later, the sounds of squeaking fill the air as a pack of rats swarms in from the doorway on the right, on the very periphery of the area dimply lit by the stone held by Gregorious. The little pests race towards the center of the room, surrounding Antonus and Kyle, their long teeth beared in a show of primal fear.

Initiative: 8 Rats and Antonus (21), Soto (12), Arden (9), Xerxes and Kyle (6), Kaine (5), Gregorious (4)

Antonus is up. Everyone should feel to post in any order and I'll string them together based on your initiative. I will do all the rolling.

Current Map:
rr rr
AKr
r rr

X
SG
ArKa

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Trys: Soto Grabapples

Trys hears the squeeking and pulls out a sunrod. He toss it into the rat swarm hoping to startle the beasts. After that he will pick a stone from his bag and arm his sling.

Remove ads