[meta] How often do you update your story hour?

How often do you update your story hour?

• Everyday.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Every other day.

• Every three to five days.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Once a week.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Once a fortnight

• Once a Month

• Whenever I can, but that's not very often

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • What story hour? I don't write a story hour.

Votes: 6 21.4%

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I was noting the insane number of views some of these story hours have - in particular Doc Midnight's and Wulf's - and I was wondering how often these (and other) story hours are updated that people are looking at them so often. . .

I know P.Kitty has been doing a one a day thing recently.

What about everyone else? Also, how long does it take you to prepare an installment.

For myself it usually takes 3 or 4 hours per installment broken up over 2 or 3 days - but then again I write mine in a narrative "novelistic" style.

The Sunderer

First Post
I am pretty new at this Story Hour stuff, but I am updating as often as I can (when family commitments and "proper" gaming allow)...

Hopefully I am doing OK :)

Dr Midnight

Explorer
We play every week (thursdays), and I TRY to keep the story up-to-date by the time the next week rolls around.

I post three or four chunks of the session, each written over the space of an hour or two. I usually post one chapter on the night the session happened. The story's usually complete by Monday evening.

As for the "insane number of views" I get, I think it's because I offer a free beach towel with every view.

Lazybones

Adventurer
I've been managing a post-a-day pace, but only because I'm addicted to having my story at the top of the page :)

Actually, I write pretty quickly (amazing what seven years of grad school will do to you), and I've been spending about an hour a day on my story, on average. Every now and then I pull a couple of hours when my SO's traveling out of town for her work. The fact that we only watch about 2-3 hours of TV a week frees up a lot of time to do other things.

Plus I get a little bit ahead when things are slow at work ;)

If this keeps up, though, I'm going to have to change my logon name...

I actually try to update once every 8 days for my Tides of Homeland (which isn't as popular as Savannah Knights). For Savannah Knights I'm reposting it one chapter per day, plus some rules information about the world.

Samnell

Explorer
Back in the day, I tried for once a week, usually on the weekend. Kept the readers happy and the thread on the first page. When I didn't make it, I tried to post an explanation so my loyal readers knew I wasn't being completely capricious in stiffing them. :)

Black Omega

First Post
Now that I'm caught up writing up the sessions, I plan to keep on about once a week.

I am kinda curious to see how long write ups take, I know I spend hours on mine and they aren't even all that good yet.

Paka

Explorer
Depends...

My Story Hours are from different N.P.C. points of view and some come to me easily and some do not. Also some games can be written up in one easy installment and some call for more writing.

I usually write one up and then sit on it for 24 hours, so I can read it the next day and try to edit it a bit. Usually, an important edit comes to me when I see it again and then I post it.

It is fun, writing these up. It is like keeping in keyboard limber shape.

Thanks for reading,

Paka

Remove ads