• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metahuman College-Issue one: College bound [IC]

Synchronicity

First Post
James Dunbar, HP 5/5

Dark Nemesis said:
Rose smiled as James moved to sit near her. “I am glad you could join me, James.” Around them, a soft breeze stirred, bringing with it the scent of worked earth and flowers. Rose took a deep breath, before burying her hands in the dirt near the base of an azalia bush that appeared to be wilting. “What do you think of this school so far?”

At the reminder of exactly where he was, James's face clouded. For a few moments, he didn't say anything, narrowly staring at the azalia bush as if he expected a teacher to leap out of it. "I'm waiting for the punchline." James seemed about to elaborate when he glanced at Rose suddenly, a slight frown appearing on his face. "What is it that you do here, anyway? If you're a student, I don't remember you from breakfast..."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Well then! If there are no more questions, we will be on our way,” Siren said with a bright smile. “I thought we would start the tour with the public areas, then move on to the high security areas. That way, we can pick up James before we get to see any of the good stuff.”

With that said, she got to her feet and moved to open the door. Out in the library, another group of six students were waiting. Among them, Marcus and Jonn would recognize Bob, their strange companion from earlier in the day. There was also a blonde guy with a crew cut who seemed familiar to Marcus. Ms. Cross was also standing with the group, who gave Siren a withering look when she saw her colleague’s attire.

As the two groups began the tour, Alexandra, a pretty redhead in designer clothes approached Rinea. “Oh! My! God! Your hair is, like, totally, awesome! Who’s your stylist?”

The tour itself had rather dull beginning. It started with a brief look around the libraries, before going up to the second floor. There, they got a brief tour of the medical labs. Though it was a small room, it seemed to be packed with a number of different pieces of medical technology. Cloud noticed that a small, still figure, already occupied one of the beds in the infirmary.

As Ms. Cross droned on about some piece of medical equipment, Marcus is nearly knocked off of his feet when someone claps him on the shoulder from behind him. “Yo, Marcus! Long time, man!” the guy with the crew cut said with a grin.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
James said:
James seemed about to elaborate when he glanced at Rose suddenly, a slight frown appearing on his face. "What is it that you do here, anyway? If you're a student, I don't remember you from breakfast..."

James’ words are met with a moment of silence, as Rose closes her eyes in concentration. As he watched, the azalia bush was surrounded by a soft green light. The light faded a moment later, and the plant appeared to be healthier. “I… do not need to eat,” Rose replied shyly. She removed her hands from the earth, before gesturing toward the green flash on her bare forearms. “The sun gives me all the nutrients I need.”

Synchronicity

First Post
James Dunbar, HP 5/5

Dark Nemesis said:
James’ words are met with a moment of silence, as Rose closes her eyes in concentration. As he watched, the azalia bush was surrounded by a soft green light. The light faded a moment later, and the plant appeared to be healthier. “I… do not need to eat,” Rose replied shyly. She removed her hands from the earth, before gesturing toward the green flash on her bare forearms. “The sun gives me all the nutrients I need.”

There isn't really much you can say about a statement like that. James settles for a vaguely understanding "Oh." Then he looks at the bush. "It must be nice having abilities that can heal things like that." James looks at Rose again, her presence still raising some questions. "You're not in one of these 'family group' things?"

Calinon

First Post
Once in the Library, Hoshiko takes a moment to look around, finding the science section and seeing how well the library is stocked. The look Ms. Cross gave the inappropriately dressed Siren soon had Hoshiko trying to stay nearer the stern woman, despite their confrontation of earlier.

But when Alexandra appeared, Hoshiko couldn't help but cringe both inwardly and outwardly and was much relieved when her attention was drawn to Rinea. She did her best to stay close to Ms. Cross as they went up to the second floor. She stared around at all the medical gear. She couldn't help but show her excitement at a well stocked medical lab, interrupting Ms. Cross with questions about this and that machine.

"How many instructors are involved in the medical program?" she asked as she looked over a scanner of some sort. "Ooo, what does this one do?" she asks, not even waiting for an answer to her first question, oblivious to most anything else going on in the small room.

Amulet

First Post
Rinea smiles at Alexandra, and replies, “Thadaka Pusepulsar did the styling, but it is a concept from Shinagra’s on Adriack Twelve.”

In the infirmary, Rinea’s attention is drawn to the small figure in the infirmary bed. She approaches to see who it is, but does not get close enough to disturb them.

Rybaer

First Post
The apparent quality of the medical facilities for such a small, private school surprised Cloud. I hope that's not a sign of the potential dangers inherent in super-powered training.

Cloud's equally surprised to see someone in one of the beds. She tries to get a look at the figure without being too intrusive. She tries to get Siren's private attention for a moment.

"Is that a student in the bed over there?" she asks Siren in a near whisper.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus Stevens (Proton) HPs: 5/5

Crew cut dude said:
“Yo, Marcus! Long time, man!” the guy with the crew cut said with a grin.

“Yeah, bud. What’s up?” Marcus asked. “Hate ta say it, but I don’t recognize ya at the moment. Any help?”

Rinea said:
Rinea smiles at Alexandra, and replies, “Thadaka Pusepulsar did the styling, but it is a concept from Shinagra’s on Adriack Twelve.”
Marcus listened to Rinea’s answer, then tapped his ring several times as if it were not working. “Think it’s broke . . . ‘cause I’m thinking that did not sound like I thought it did,” Marcus mentioned.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Rose set herself to the task of patting down the soil around the azalea. “Part of a family group? No, that is just for the students.” Finally, she lifted her green eyes to regard James quietly. “How about you? What do you think of your family group?”

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Hoshiko said:
"How many instructors are involved in the medical program?" she asked as she looked over a scanner of some sort. "Ooo, what does this one do?" she asks, not even waiting for an answer to her first question, oblivious to most anything else going on in the small room.

“Well, Miss Mai, there are approximately-“ Ms. Cross stopped abruptly when Hoshiko interrupted her with her second question. She raised her eyebrow at the girl, before looking down at the device Hoshiko had asked about. “Er… I am sure that Dr. Garcia will be happy to explain that to you.”

With that said, a Hispanic man in a white lab coat stepped forward. “Ah yes! That is one of our medical scanners. Think of it as a portable MRI machine. It uses magnetic waves to help[ us discover any injuries.”

Rinea said:

For a moment, Alexandra stared at Rinea, uncomprehending. Then, she blinked, and gave her a bright smile. “Oh, I get it! You’re foreign too! HOW DID YOU LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH SO WELL?” The last statement was spoken slowly, a few octaves higher, and with each syllable very clearly pronounced. It took Alexandra a moment to realize that Rinea had already walked away, and shrugged her shoulders.

Both Rinea and Cloud approached the hospital bed to get a closer look at the patient. She was a small girl, who appeared to be no more than twelve years old. She was slender and pale, her long black hair arranged neatly on the pillow around her head. She looked to be sleeping; not even Alexandra’s loud comments had caused her to stir.

Cloud also noticed that there was another girl present, standing near the bed. The girl looked identical to the one in the bed, right down to matching hospital gowns. The only difference was that Cloud could see right through the girl who was standing up.

Siren saw Cloud trying to get her attention, and moved to speak with her. She raised her eyebrows at Cloud’s question, and glanced at the girl in the bed. “I don’t know. I hadn’t heard of any students getting hurt.”

Marcus said:
“Yeah, bud. What’s up?” Marcus asked. “Hate ta say it, but I don’t recognize ya at the moment. Any help?”

“Don’t ya remember man? Jake Andrews, State University wrestling team! You’re lookin’ great, man. Good ta see you’re not glowing green!” Jake grinned and clapped Marcus on the shoulder again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads