Metal Dice!

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I wouldn't worry about kids. They're fairly smart.

It's really stupid adults I would be worried about....

(Seriously, avoiding a direct answer? They're made of metal and they appear to have some edges. Common sense would dictate not rolling them in your eye sockets... and would further suggest that the d4 is a military-grade caltrop. However, as they were custom made for an adult - who presumably has a clue - I don't think you need to worry that there is a new dangerous toy on the market threatening the safety of your eyeballs.)
Sometimes kids like to hold dices in front of their eyes, cause even if they are smart, they can get creative as society hasn't broken them yet.

bone_naga

Explorer
I came across a picture of some depleted uranium dice a while back but the owner didn't know where they originally came from. If someone were to make a D&D dice set from DU that would be absolutely epic!

delericho

Legend
I would love to hear what you think about my designs

They look nice, through a lot would depend on how readable they are in actual use. Is that picture actual-size (or close to it)? If so, I don't foresee any problems.

or metal dice in general.

One of the players in our group has metal dice. They're very nice. But he's no longer allowed to use them, ever since they left a dent in a wooden table.

eondesigner

Explorer
Thanks. Scale in picture depends how big your monitor/screen is, the dice are standard scale, approximately 2cm/0.8inch high for the D20, and are very readable as the numbers are flatter than the body of the dice they tend to catch the light. They aren't as heavy as some metal dice I've used due to having no metal in the core (heavier than solid plastic dice though). The dice will probably dent a table over the course of a game, although, like a lot of gamers we use a lino gaming mat over the table so this wouldn't be a problem.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I wasn't part of the thread but I did get to see the archived (and locked) mess before the White Doom. It was pretty damned funny and it's why katanas were a banned topic for a long, long time.

eondesigner

Explorer
Metal Dice! ...now in plastic

Hi gamers, due to popular demand my Celtic themed metal dice are now available in plastic, designed with a solid core to give them as much weight as possible.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/188...for-plastic.html?modelId=1880043&materialId=6

Plastic_Celtic_Dice_Set.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sim

Remove ads