Release Michigan Mythos: Fall Colors (PDF for Pulp Cthulhu)

I participated in the Storytelling Collective write a Call of Cthulhu PDF adventure for July for the Miskatonic Repository on drivethru rpg. Michigan Mythos: Fall Colors is a 5000 word Pulp Cthulhu adventure set in Michigan's Ludington State Park in 1935.

1628163274813.png

It was a lot of work. But I learned a lot. Word can be stretched into doing more than I thought it could. And there are a lot of resources out there for publishing writers. Harder than just writing a Word doc for four cents a word and the pay will likely be less. But I'm glad I did the work and got it done.

Well, there had been a recent (within the past few years) rumor that Confederate gold got stolen and shipped to Muskegon and was buried under Hackley Park - maybe it's cursed gold? It's later than typical for Mythos stuff, but you also have to wonder about the Underwater Crucifix near Petosky Underwater Crucifix

Again, showing my hometown bias... Capone used to come up for the summers in Muskegon, Buster Keaton used to hang out at the Artists' Colony... and a library like this, with huge stained glass windows and creepy glass floors in the upstairs stacks seem meant for Mythos :)

hpl.jpg

J.M

Explorer
Just found and read this. Love the atmosphere, very Lovecraftian.
Excellent first effort!! Trust me, the second one is easier :)
Added to my "to run" pile...

Last edited:

Just found and read this. Love the atmosphere, very Lovecraftian.
Excellent first effort!! Trust me, the second one is easier :)
Added to my "to run" pile...

Thanks! I have written for game companies before but never for myself. Please feel free to leave a brief review after you run it if you have time. I would love to improve.

I may be making the trek to an old mental hospital in Traverse City. May be a follow up after that, we'll see.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases