• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Midnight: Dawning of the Night Princes

G

Guest 11456

Galathir inspects the door and determines that it is just a really sturdy door. After Kop speaks to the dwarf, he in turn translates for the others.

[Erenlander]"He doesn't know anything either. He wants help with the door."[/Erenlander]

It is the elfling that speaks up next.

[Erenlander]"Perhaps I could help with that."[/Erenlander]

He heads back into the room he came from and returns with two strips of metal. Then he moves over to the door and begins working on the lock. After several minutes there is an audible 'clunk'. The elfling looks at the strips of metal.

[Erenlander]"I think I'll hold onto these."[/Erenlander]

He motions to the door.

[Erenlander]"Shall we?"[/Erenlander]

OOC: Sorry for the story lag. It's been a busy week.

Galathir moves to the newly unlocked door and nods to the Elfling. [Erenlander]"Handy skill, being able to unlock a door with some bits of metal. My thanks."[/Erenlander]

Galathir then reaches out and pushes (pulls?) the door open carefully and then peers out beyond the door.

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
Kop watches the Elfling stick the metal in the door and hears the clunk. With a quizical look on his face, he watches as the Elf moves towards the door and opens it. Shaking his head, he moves towards the open door and peers through trying to figure out where they are.

G

Guest 11456

Opening the door reveals a hallway that extends about 40 feet to a similar door. The hallway is about 15 feet wide. Traversing the hall stealthily to the next door, the Elfling listens at the door and checks it. Then he stealthily returns to everyone else. He whispers in Erenlander that he hears voices on the other side and that the door appears to be unlocked. He also reports that it appears as though the door is not trapped. The dwarf in turn relays the information to Kop and the Dworg.

Last edited by a moderator:

[Erenlander]"Do we want to just walk down there and open the door?" Galathir whispers. "Might not be the best idea but what other choice do we have?"[/Erenlander]

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
Kop shrugs once everything is translated. Looking at every one in turn he finally states. [Trader's Tongue]"Well, I suppose it is not a good idea to walk down there and open the door, but like you said what option do we have? I will open the door if you all want me to. They could be just like us on the other side. They could be just as confused."[/Trader's Tongue]

[Trader's Tongue]"I don't have any objections to you opening the door," Galathir says and then looks around at the others. "How about the rest of you? Any other suggestions other than opening the door?"[/Trader's Tongue]

G

Guest 11456

Room

Not finding any descending votes nor any other suggestions, Kop opens the door as the others stay ready for anything. The door opens into the hallway. Openening the door reveals a large room, maybe 50' x 50'. This door is in the center of this wall and there are two other doors in the center of the right and forward wall. There is also a set of double doors in the right wall. The oddest part is the sight in the room. Dividing the room into four quadrants you see the following in all but the closet left quadrant you see 13 desks spaced out in the area. There is a pathway that divides each of the quadrants. Most are manned by goblins. Three are manned by orcs. Six are empty (these are in the close right quadrant). The desks are about 4' x 3' except for the ones manned by the orcs. These are slightly larger at 5' x 4'. The close left quadrant appears to be some sort of lounge with two couches and a lone desk manned by a forth orc, and a partitioned area in the corner. As you open the door several of the room's occupants look up in astonishment. Glancing up at the approximately 20' ceiling you see a number of yellow spheres that provide the light and remember more of your skill.(OOC: You are now 2nd level. Please update your character sheets accordingly.)

Map Legend:
P: Partitioned Area
C: Couch
O: Desk With Orc
G: Desk With Goblin
E: Empty Desk
D: Closed Door
o: Open Door
-,|: Walls
.: Empty space
k: Kop
g: Galathir
a: Aldric
r: Raj (Elfling)
t: Thurgis (Dwarf)
d: Druzgik (Dworg)

Code:
Map (each position is a 5' square):

-----DD-----
   |PP.C..GGGG|
   |PP.C..GGGG|
   |......GGGG|
---|CC.O...O..|
rtko..........D
agdo..........D
---|..O....GGG|
   |EEGG..OGGG|
   |EEGG...GGG|
   |EEGG...GGG|
   -----DD-----

Initiative:
16 Thurgis
16 Kop
14 Galathir
12 Raj
10 Aldric
8 Druzgik

Surprised:
Goblins
Orcs

Actions?

Last edited by a moderator:

maddmic

Explorer
Kop looks at the sight in front of him. He then rushes the first orc to the left and attacks with his fists.

OOC:
Character updated. He will keep his eyes opened for any weapons. Are the Orcs or Goblins armed?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads