Mike Mearls Happy Fun Hour: The Warlord

Hussar

Legend
What is it, anyway?

Definition of sirdar

1 a : a person of high rank (such as a hereditary noble) especially in India
b : the commander of the Anglo-Egyptian army
2 : one (such as a foreman) holding a responsible position especially in India

Like I said, it's such an esoteric name that it would be pretty hard to find any real issue with it, but, it's still pretty much encapsulates the idea.

Hussar

Legend
I think that name sirdar might be a little too esoteric.

Heh. You're probably right. I was just hitting up Thesaurus.com for synonyms of Warlord and saw that one. It's nicely historical, carries no baggage and kinda fantasy sounding. Thought it might work. :D

Although, as a big Moorcock fan, I do like Krieghund (warhound) as an option, but, again, too esoteric. Although, Warhound might work, I suppose.

Also spelled Sardar (primary wikipedia reference), Sardaar, and Serdar. Fariq/Ferik (Lt. General to Sardar's General), and Mushir (Field Marshal) are also nice. Sardar/Sirdar is a bit clumsy, phonetically. I like Fariq best, even if it's a lower rank. Mushir isn't too bad, and it's not too far off from Marshal, which I thought was another good options.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Heh. You're probably right. I was just hitting up Thesaurus.com for synonyms of Warlord and saw that one. It's nicely historical, carries no baggage and kinda fantasy sounding. Thought it might work. :D

I wonder if its the root word for the Sardaukar from Dune?

Yaarel

He Mage
Actually, warlord for Dark Sun could happen?

Mystic is on pause. By the time the designers have the psion mystic ready for Dark Sun, the warlord could be ready too.

Remove ads