• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Miniature D&D Books!?

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
attachment.php

I was at my girlfriend's house running a game, and her father, upon seeing the D&D Basic rulebook I'd brought, pulled out these little miniature D&D books. In the back is a regular D&D Basic Rulebook (Moldvay B/X if anyone's curious), and the mini versions are on top... the Basic Rulebook, a basic adventure, and an AD&D Monster Manual.

He didn't remember where he got these from, though :( Anyone know what they're called/how I can get my hands on them?

Attachments

• mini D&D books.jpg
    mini D&D books.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,169

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I never bought any.

I never saw the mini-sized adventures, but I did see several of the books, including a Fiend Folio. AFAIK, they were produced by TSR.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
The miniature-sized reproductions were made by an Italian company called Twenty First Games under licence from WotC in about 1999/2000. There are some good pictures of most of the set here. Missing are the miniature versions of the original Dragonlance adventures, which were sold as two volumes (DL 1-8 and DL 9-16).

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I've got three of the miniature boxed sets:

- Menzoberranzan
- Ruins of Undermountain
- World of Greyhawk

They're little more than novelties but they only cost me about 10 Singapore dollars each. I should have got the Dark Sun set while I had the chance but I wasn't interested at the time.

lrsach01

Explorer
They had several of the miniaturized boxed sets for sale at GenCon. Kind of cool.... unfortunately, they only had Forgotten Realms items and I'm a Dragonlance guy. :)

Remathilis

Legend
I bought a few under the misconception they were 1/2 size (4" by 6") and thus readable. Still, I have Manual of the Planes and Unearthed Arcana sitting round my house. I once wanted to buy the PHB/DMG/MM and a micro-set of dice and ask anyone if they were up for a small game of D&D? :p

Remove ads