Adventurer
I bought 1 Case + 3 packs

I got everything but

Beholder
githzerai
banshre warrior
chain devil

no dups

picked up the rest (cept the Beholder) off ebay for under 10 bucks total.

probably have to pay $10+ for that one but I already have all the other beholders.

JohnnyQuest

First Post
This is the first I've heard of this problem, but that doesn't mean that it's not a problem. I'll keep an eye on this thread and crosspost with Hordelings if more reports surface.

Obryn

Hero
I've bought 4 packs. The visible ones were Hippogriff, Aboleth, Troll King, and Cyclops. All four are pretty much works of art - especially the hippogriff and cyclops, imho.

Sadly, as far as the randoms go, I've ended up with two fugly bigass scorpions, three boring piles o' snakes, two orc terrorblades, and ... crap, two of something else uninspiring. (edit: Chokers! Yes, two Feygrove Chokers, which are again some ugly freaking minis.)

On the upside, in tonight's Cyclops pack, I got myself a Beholder. His base is bent on account of being particularly ... rubbery? But damn, that's a good-looking mini.

If only I didn't have two of those awful scorpions... I can't believe those badly-painted monstrosities are Rare.

-O

Last edited:

Shoukanjuu

First Post
I see that there is an extra dash on the end of the ISBN numbers I've gotten, so I'm going to check to see if there is a "different case" being sent out. Can anyone else confirm this?

Aluvial

I ordered 2 cases, both have the same last digit on the ISBN, but the rares were NOT the same in each case (4 were the same between cases).

Also, of the 4 sets of duplicate rares, only 1 pair was found with the same visible figures.

While there is a very strong association between what "randomized" uncommon and commons show up together, but what packs they show up in does appear to be random—out of 16 booster packs, only 3 pairs of commons were found with the same visible figure, and not a single pair of uncommon were found with a matching pair of visible.

However, I don't believe the distribution is truly random. In my two cases, EACH case had one of each "randomized" uncommon, and exactly 2 of each common.

So, how did you get 3 identical cases? I have a theory…

There is probably a specific number of ways that rare figures are distributed throughout cases. Not truly random, but not so simple as an A case and a B case. The way these "randomized" cases are stacked on a shipping pallet is probably uniform, and either as a fluke, or due to some really methodical shelving practices at your distributer, you managed to get identical cases…

Remove ads