MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
The goblin, shot with pain and seeing Garret duck back into the briars, moves into the concealing briars on their side of the stream. Shortly thereafter, a short-shafted black arrow exits the briars, briefly revealing the Goblins position, and streaks towards Ivan.

Eddicus watches as the goblin that Garrett hit with an arrow ducks into the concealing briars, and Eddicus notes the goblin's position due to flight of the arrow it shoots at Ivan. Confident that he knows where that goblin is, he attacks it from where he is using Sacred Flame (range 60 feet, 1d8 radiant damage, DEX save for none, DC 12).

[roll0]

After casting the cantrip, Eddicus moves to where Vottr is located, to offer help if it is needed.

[OOC: Sacred Flame doesn't allow the target to benefit from cover on the DEX save, but I don't know about concealment. Would the briars interfere with a goblin's dodging away from the light?]

mips42

Adventurer
ooc: according to the adventure as-written "The briars around the clearing are difficult terrain, but they aren’t dangerous-just annoying. They provide half cover to creatures attacking through them." So they are that hidden.
Since the briars hinder movement, and dodging is a type of movement, they'll hinder a dodge.

Eddicus Sacred Flame again scorches down at the wounded goblin . It briefly gets tangled in the thick undergrowth but is able to dodge the burst.

Turn Order
Garrett
Goblins
Ivan
Vottr
Brachnus
Eddicus

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: Can I ready an attack action and have it trigger upon seeing the goblin out of concealment?

OOC: Okay, I'll have Garrett ready an attack action to shoot at the very first hostile target that rears it's ugly mug then.

Garrett readies his bow & arrow, scanning the premise for hostiles and plans to shoot at whomever is dumb enough to show its face.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: You can ready an attack based on a if, then premise (E.g.IF a goblin appears, THEN i want to shoot it) but you can't 'delay until'. Not supported in 5e. From the rules 'First, you decide what perceivable circumstance will trigger your reaction. Then, you choose the action you will take in response to that trigger, or you choose to move up to your speed in response to it. Examples include “If the cultist steps on the trapdoor, I’ll pull the lever that opens it,” and “If the goblin steps next to me, I move away.”
When the trigger occurs, you can either take your reaction right after the trigger finishes or ignore the trigger. Remember that you can take only one reaction per round.'

mips42

Adventurer
Garret, doing his best to remain hidden, nocks an arrow and waits for a Goblin to poke it's head out of the briars.

He does not have to wait long and the pair of goblins rush across the open space towards the cave entrance.
Garret takes quick aim at the wounded Goblin and looses his arrow at it. the goblin, wounded though it is, is able to turn just enough so that the arrow misses.
The two goblins hurry across and through the stream, splashing water about and screaming. You're not sure if they're screaming at you or whoever might be in the cave. The unwounded goblin looses an arrow in the direction of Vottr. It, too, flies wide.

Turn Order
Ivan
Vottr
Brachnus
Eddicus
Garrett
Goblins

mips42

Adventurer
Ivans' arrow flies true and thumps solidly into the already-wounded goblin, who falls in a heap in the middle of the stream. The downstream water turning a pale pink as the bdy oozes blood.

Turn Order
Vottr
Brachnus
Eddicus
Garrett
Goblins
Ivan

GameDoc

Explorer
OOC: Vottr will gladly accept a healing spell from Eddicus. He fears what mange will do to his beard
Vottr snorts in frustration at not getting to kill the dog (bit oh well, if he didn't want Brachnus to do it, he should have aimed better). He decides to take out his frustration on the nearest goblin.

"Meet me Sweet Meduna, [#####]**!"

**[Untranslatable dwarven derogatory term for goblin]

Attack Roll (1d20+5=14)
Damage (2d6+3=10)

mips42

Adventurer
Vottr whips a handax at the goblin near the cave entrance. The goblin barely manages to get it's shield up in time to deflect the ax into the nearby briars.

Turn Order
Brachnus
Eddicus
Garrett
Goblins
Ivan
Vottr

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC: Slightly out of turn -- please buffer this action until mudbunny posts Brachuss' action, or else you decide to post for him. (Eddicus is next after Brachnuss.)]

Having reached Vottr's location, Eddicus reaches out to him and casts his second and final spell of the day:
Ed touches Vottr on the shoulder and says, "By the Light of Knowledge--Cure Wounds!"

Vottr regains (1d8+2) hit points:
1d8+2 -> [8,2] = (10)
BBCode 1d8+2=10

After casting the spell, Eddicus advances toward the remaining goblin and takes a stand near it in order to try to prevent it from escaping without taking at least an opportunity attack from Eddicus. He draws his dagger as he goes.

Remove ads