• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Missing DMG Information?

mykelsss

First Post
From page 261 of the PHB:

"Speed per Day: Player characters can sustain a
normal walking pace for 10 hours of travel a day without
tiring out. The Dungeon Master’s Guide explains what
happens if you travel for more than 10 hours."

No it doesn't? Anyone know where this is?

gunderval

First Post
It's not there

Consensus across a couple of boards is that the DMG doesn't have this information.

Suggestions generally are to make PC's make checks of your choice (endurance, whatever) to avoid some effect such as loss of healing surge and weakened etc.

Rob

fba827

Adventurer
There is some random sidebar in the DMG (I really don't remember the page or if it's all in my head). But the sidebar is all about skill challenges and in that, it talks about what to do when characters are traveling for that long -- and it boiled down to a skill challenge to 1) not get lost 2) not lose a healing surge from fatigue etc 3) (some other stuff i don't recall).

CapnZapp

Legend
Sorry if this is considered necroing, but I was a good boy and did a google search before starting a new thread... :p

So, have WotC addressed this issue anywhere (Sage advice, DDI, anyplace else) and if so what is the rule to use?

Thx.

Quickleaf

Legend
No, they haven't. Myself and few others got in touch with customer service and recived similar answers that boiled down to "there is no official ruling because the rules aren't there, so I (the rep) suggest using the drowning / dehydration / starvation rules as a guideline."

Remove ads